• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musicians on CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    what is your most favourite passage of music?
    If I could write like this...

Me, me, me...

Comment

One of mine...

Guitars Guitars (Remix) by Tony Monaghan on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        If I could write like this...

Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, these ruskies can blow my mind, and the middle 8 to don't worry baby by the beach boys.

Comment

Comment

On my many trips to Russia, I overwhelmingly loved the Ballet and then the Opera, absolutely wonderful and fantastically cheap.

First time I went saw a play too, mistake, even though my Russian is not so shabby, there's no way I could keep up with a play. I remember it as being called 'Taksist' - i.e. taxi driver, but the current mrs stek said it had a longer title and I forgot what she said it was.

Still, loved it even though I was not really following it...

But the ballet - wow - and me coming from the arse end of Bolton. Still love ballet....

Comment

The old boy was finance head of Scottish Opera for a while, Pavarotti played and he got a front row ticket with my mother and I asked him if I could go with him and he said no. Swine, never forgive him for that.

Comment

Piano to me is about getting chords sounding good "let's take that chord, drop the root on the right, play the 7th & 11th with the left, don't sound good, hit the 9th, na, drop the 3rd out on the right, OK got it, which chord do I move to now..." and it all starts again. Complicated.
                That technique doesn't quite work with Prokofiev.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                My problem is that I could never work anything out; I could never hear something and be able to play it.
                That I can do. I can also do musical arrangements - deciding who does what and when.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Guitar and ukelele. Started off with a passion for George Formby, as he was born down the road from my parents so a local point of interest for me.

Progressed on guitar. Now own a reasonable collection of guitars... '65 Antoria Jumbo, Taylor semi acoustic, late 90's Fender USA Strat etc

Was the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in a band in the early to mid 90's who gigged and did some studio stuff - chatted with Richard Ashcroft several times in the Wigan based recording studios...

Comment

Working...
                  X