• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My background is working class, I'm middle class now but I remember where I came from.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Father was an officer in the Royal Navy but he had no money or breeding.
      Think that makes me middle class, whatever I do in life!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It's very simple. The working class emigrate to Spain. The middle class to France, and the upper class... well, modesty forbids.

Poll added.
        Emigrating anywhere for work makes you middle class at best (depending on the work).
        If its techie stuff, you're lower middle class.
        HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          Father was an officer in the Royal Navy but he had no money or breeding.
          Think that makes me middle class, whatever I do in life!
          And look how you've wasted it all.

Former submarine captain emails children to say he is 'bitterly disappointed' in them - Telegraph
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I'd consider myself upper lower middle class, but strive to become lower upper middle class.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I'd consider myself upper lower middle class, but strive to become lower upper middle class.
              Have you never read any of George Orwell's autobiographical essays about the horrors of being lower upper middle class? The kind of people who (c. 1910 - 20) who know in theory how to deal with servants but can't afford them.

I grew up in a family clinging on for dear life to the lower rungs of the lower middle class, which paid considerably less well than their 'respectable skilled' working class roots. I think I am now firmly ensconsed in the upper lower middle class.

The poll option needs many many more options.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Emigrating anywhere for work makes you middle class at best (depending on the work).
                HTH
                Oh what a relief

I emigrated for a landed Dutch girl.

(entirely coincidentally, she's blonde with big knockers)
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

HTH
                  You are absolutely spot on, strangely. However, I really meant people such as myself who didn't emigrate for work.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    Have you never read any of George Orwell's autobiographical essays about the horrors of being lower upper middle class? The kind of people who (c. 1910 - 20) who know in theory how to deal with servants but can't afford them.

I grew up in a family clinging on for dear life to the lower rungs of the lower middle class, which paid considerably less well than their 'respectable skilled' working class roots. I think I am now firmly ensconsed in the upper lower middle class.

The poll option needs many many more options.
                    If you're worried about being upper middle or lower middle or any other variation, trust me - you're middle. But I have edited it for you.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      ...people such as myself ....
                      Just for your info, religious types in every society are always working class, since they have been brainwashed by the upper level of that society. Of course there's a layer of that upper level that professes to be religious in order to make the rules.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X