• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been on a contract where...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I have now worked at two places where that is not the case...

Even with all the evidence under the sun, the bunch of people that were responsible convened a meeting and said that it was impossible that it was their fault as that would look bad! So they openly decided the real truth (bare faced lie) and it became the truth.
    Time to head for the door when that happens.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I find that most clients (deffo >50%) seem clueless about what they're doing....

The good gigs are ones like yours where they leave you alone. The bad ones are where they expect miracles when its not possible.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        I find that most clients (deffo >50%) seem clueless about what they're doing....

The good gigs are ones like yours where they leave you alone. The bad ones are where they expect miracles when its not possible.
        Are you sure it isn't just you not understanding what you should be doing or your role in the project? I find it hard to believe that statement. I have been on some pretty chaotic gigs but to say a client is clueless sounds more like a layman blaming the management scenario. Hardly a professional analysis.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Time to head for the door when that happens.
          Why do you think I am job hunting in January?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

The good gigs are the ones that pay you on time, and lots. The rest is just fill.

Comment

Working...
            X