• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My lad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Very good Stekkers.

Not musical myself so I can't provide any constructive criticism, other than saying that I am impressed by your boy's playing.

Does he take requests?
    Cheers! Just pimping him out! I'm encouraging him not to just think of playing but the studio side of things too, thing is he has the star-quality rock-star looks, 18 yo now, 6' 3" thin as a lat, hair like Doctor Mac on Green Wing, and super-arrogant with it, not personally, just in his playing.

Comment

Actually this brings me to a point - he's been contacted by Google about the fact he's had so many hits but he binned the email, typical muso, speaking to him last night about that, he told me on his previous youtube account (before he binned that in a mood) on one vid he had 62,000 hits, not a huge amount but not bad for no SEO or owt like that, just WOM and random hits.

Now I notice one of his current vids is getting plastered with Google ads, how does that work WRT to getting some dosh out of it?

Anyone any ideas? I feel a Plan C coming on....

Comment

More Pimping! For Clippy mainly - First real Logic effort, no idea how he did the synth or drums!

Plus you get see a pic of my lad, in Doctor Mac off Green Wing mode or Wurzel Gummidge as I prefer...

Comment

Seriously good stek! Excellent!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            More Pimping! For Clippy mainly - First real Logic effort, no idea how he did the synth or drums!

Plus you get see a pic of my lad, in Doctor Mac off Green Wing mode or Wurzel Gummidge as I prefer...
            He's got a great ear for harmony and very melodic. Top class!
            Me, me, me...

Comment

He will be needing an agent then
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                He will be needing an agent then
                Taking on musicians? Brave man Dodgy
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Taking on musicians? Brave man Dodgy
                  Yeah he's a major sulk merchant when it's not going A1 perfect and people have different opinions to him on whether dropped-D tuning is better than standard or whatever.

He reckons he can produce squealies at will (aka pinch harmonics) but I'm not having that.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Good stuff, make sure he sticks with it.

(I sadly didn't past my teens. I mean I still play, but just by myself. And nowhere near as much as I used to...sigh)

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                      Good stuff, make sure he sticks with it.

(I sadly didn't past my teens. I mean I still play, but just by myself. And nowhere near as much as I used to...sigh)
                      I just play with myself these days as well.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X