• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheism is not viable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: strange ...

Drunks, anti social behaviour, women being raped, highest levels of crime in Europe, kids killing kids, the workshy living of the state for generations, thousands of children being aborted weekly. Yep thats about right for a godless society.

Comment

Drunks, anti social behaviour, women being raped, highest levels of crime in Europe, kids killing kids, the workshy living of the state for generations, thousands of children being aborted weekly. Yep thats about right for a godless society.
      Might want to check your history Chico there, I do believe every one of the mentioned problems exist equally under Christian societies as under 'godless'.

Comment

And yet in spite of this, life is infinitely better for most of us than it is for most people in a god-fearing country in South America or Africa? Why has god blessed us and not them?

Or is it that that the reasons for our "better-offness" have nothing to do with God?

Comment

Yes or No, Chico ?

Comment

What is it with Christian's anyway, believe whatever you want - makes no odds to me, but FFS why can't you just leave the rest of us alone to get on with our lives as we see fit?

Comment

Is it...

snaw

life is infinitely better for most of us
              We may be materially much better off than them but lets look at the quality of life. Long hours working - long hours commuting, mortgage, repossessions, bankruptcies,divorce, children being brought up by strangers lucky to share one meal with both parents all week, the list is endless. So what if you have a plasma TV and drive a merc- how will that help you when die of a heart attack at 42? The stress of life in the UK is driving many people away.

Comment

Re: Is it...

Chico - that was Sasgurus quote, not mine.

But France is also a particularily godless country these days, yet they don't have all the long hours you mention (Lot of dole bludgers though) etc etc.

What is your point? How does all this relate to some utopian Christian country, I mean the US is particularily Christian but they have all of those problems in abundance ...

Comment

I suggest you change jobs, mate

Sorry to hear about your sad life Chico. God certainly seems to have it in for you.

For my part - I never work for more than 37.5 hours a week, have a half hour commute to work, have very little stress (apart from some boredom), and am prosperous enough.

This God bloke certainly works in mysterious ways

Comment

And maybe you would like to educate me on what that faith is?
                    Chico, I think you miss the point yet again. Faith is not something you can "educate" somebody on, it is a matter of personal discovery. By refusing to think about the hard issues of faith, you leave yourself unprepared for the time when God might ask you to do something that you may find challenging or difficult.

If faith is reduced to taunting atheists on bulletin boards with cut 'n' paste arguments, I feel the whole point has been missed somewhere along the line.

Comment

Drunks, anti social behaviour, women being raped, highest levels of crime in Europe, kids killing kids, the workshy living of the state for generations, thousands of children being aborted weekly. Yep thats about right for a godless society
                      -----------------------

So how would you change society Chico??? Would you ask people to live by the Bible?

Comment

Working...
                      X