• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheism is not viable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh dear

It's mid-summer's day tomorrow. How about a few pagan threads for a change?
    Please no...I've managed to get out of some weird birthing ritual down the local duckpond, organised by a few of my pagan friends. They're just as bonkers as Choco. What is it with people these days that they feel the need to abdicate responsibility for their own lives and let some mysterious spooky force run it for them ?

If you must have a God, at least have one that is going to do what you demand him/her/it to do, as opposed to being in him/her/its eternal thrall.

To celebrate solitice, I have my eye in a nice 400-year old oak tree and a chainsaw....heh..heh....

Comment

Re: Oh dear

Couldnt be bothered to read all 8 pages (that 10,000 word dissertation was too much - I mean shaggy dog stories were a novelty when you were 10), but my take is that there is no god ... to prove it to yourself in one evening, just watch the filming of Auschwitz after it had been overrun by the Russians, listen to the story of the Ukranian prisoner who described throwing babies onto the massed women in the gas chambers as he was ordered to kill as many as possible, look at what happened in Sabra and Chatilla, in Srebenica, Rwanda, and a thousand other towns and cities around the planet.

God doesnt exist, suffering does for millions, and at the same time, pleasure exists for millions. Forget your gods, just get on with the limited lifespan you have. And if you can, just make someones life a little more pleasant each day.

Comment

God -- RAH

There is only one God .. the sun. Without which we would not be.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm66
          There is only one God .. the sun. Without which we would not be.
          There is only one God .. water. Without which we would not be.
          There is only one God .. carbon. Without which we would not be.
          There is only one God .. the big bang. Without which we would not be.
          There is only one God .. sex. Without which we would not be.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            There is only one God .. water. Without which we would not be.
            There is only one God .. carbon. Without which we would not be.
            There is only one God .. the big bang. Without which we would not be.
            There is only one God .. sex. Without which we would not be.
            Steady on, POW, a new polytheist religion - but where each God thinks it is the only one? Mortals would have to be good at keeping secrets then.

What are you going to call this religion?

Comment

JabberWocky

Comment

Well done for bringing this one back from the dead.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                X