• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Hip-Hip-Hip-Hooray!
    and lets hope he keeps it on for tomorrow
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      there is a reason that version isn't well known.

lets read the words slowly.Thanks Tori, now next time I listen I will be thinking of her droning on.
      She covered Raining Blood by Slayer in the same way. I wasn't impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        She covered Raining Blood by Slayer in the same way. I wasn't impressed
        oh dear ( TM)
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          Stupid effin idea that was. I've been back half and hour and am yet to warm up.
          Ya wimp! It's summer!

Try 2°C and below in shorts and sleeveless!

It's the first 15 minutes that really hurt followed by an hour of blissful numbness followed by two hours of painful recovery with violent shivering basking on a rock made of warm blankets!

Mr Lizard.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            A wee bit chillier than I thought. Took a different route and got a bit lost. But very pleasant, and saw a deer and a couple of squirrels.
            I'm thinking of going out to Bradgate Park. Shedloads of deer there

Comment

I'm off home in 15 mins and have tomorrow off, couldn't ask for a better Monday

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Ya wimp! It's summer!

Try 2°C and below in shorts and sleeveless!

It's the first 15 minutes that really hurt followed by an hour of blissful numbness followed by two hours of painful recovery with violent shivering basking on a rock made of warm blankets!

Mr Lizard.

Coming from Newcastle just 2°C!!! You're just a wimp.

Friday night down the Bigg Market and unless its -10°C anything more would be overdressed. Oh and alcohol solves all problems including hypothermia.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Coming from Newcastle just 2°C!!! You're just a wimp.

Friday night down the Bigg Market and unless its -10°C anything more would be overdressed. Oh and alcohol solves all problems including hypothermia.

I'm invoking the "too dangerous to cycle in icy conditions" card!

-10°C is bloody cold. -25°C in Hungary and it hurt to breathe, although I was dolled up like a polar bear.

Comment

Managed to get out to the country. It started out like this:

but quickly clouded over, with a freezing cold gale huffing at me

I did manage to see some deer, far away in the valley:

although they were so far away that zooming in just reveals some brown blobs:

Ah well, at least I got some exercise

Comment

Yeah, welcome to the UK weather, despite the walking (and tulipe MetOffice forecasts) and brief sunbathing I did today, it was a little bit breezy and, er, meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X