• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Tarby now!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Bill: "Flub-a-lub-a-lub-alub"

Ben: "If you really loved me, you'd swallow that....."
    indeed

gargling is just showing off...

Comment

I don't think the media should be allowed to publish his name before a trial.

If he's guilty then I want to hear about it then.

People don't seem to realise that there is a risk here that we ruin a genuine opportunity to bring offenders to justice, by running an almost witchhunt where everyone's named before they've even entered the justice system.

Zero tolerance for child abuse, but lets not risk peoples entire reputations and lives by premature releases.

I truly believe the way it stands now, a syndicate of 2 or 3 people , motivated by money can result in people getting interviewed and then that leaked to the press.

Comment

It's Tarby now!

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Bill: "Flub-a-lub-a-lub-alub"

Ben: "If you really loved me, you'd swallow that....."
        Or, Sit down, Bill - I'll get these, you're pissed...

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          I don't think the media should be allowed to publish his name before a trial.

If he's guilty then I want to hear about it then.

People don't seem to realise that there is a risk here that we ruin a genuine opportunity to bring offenders to justice, by running an almost witchhunt where everyone's named before they've even entered the justice system.

Zero tolerance for child abuse, but lets not risk peoples entire reputations and lives by premature releases.

I truly believe the way it stands now, a syndicate of 2 or 3 people , motivated by money can result in people getting interviewed and then that leaked to the press.
          Stuart Hall wouldn't have admitted he was guilty if they hadn't put his name in the public domain.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Stuart Hall wouldn't have admitted he was guilty if they hadn't put his name in the public domain.
            Why not? Wouldn't he have gone to trial and be found guilty anyway if there was sufficient evidence?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

He had been charged already there was enough to ask to reveal the name, the other people coming forward just put more pressure on him. He would have pleaded guilty sooner or later to reduce his sentence.

its reasonable to put it out on being charged, but would prefer its after CPS/Judge approved.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Why not? Wouldn't he have gone to trial and be found guilty anyway if there was sufficient evidence?
                If you have ever been involved in a criminal case as a witness or victim you would understand that most defendants do not believe the CPS have enough evidence on them.

With people who can afford a good barrister this is even more so. (Thankfully my cases involved paupers.)

So loads change pleas at the last moment.

It's even worse if the case involves sexual assault and/or child cruelty as there are normally no other witnesses.

I suggest next time you are out of a contract and it's not a holiday period go and sit in a crown court in the public gallery. Some of the cases are really distressing.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  He had been charged already there was enough to ask to reveal the name, the other people coming forward just put more pressure on him. He would have pleaded guilty sooner or later to reduce his sentence.

its reasonable to put it out on being charged, but would prefer its after CPS/Judge approved.
                  It's called Twitter.

If you are suspected of committing a crime your name will be put in the public domain. If a judge makes an order to prevent publication your friends' abroad aren't covered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                    I seem to be getting somewhat de-sensitised to all this.
                    Before christmas I would probably have said "Oh my god, can't believe so-and-so was involved in such things".

But now, my reaction is becoming "Oh, another one".
                    This is just going to run and run.
                    Couldn't agree more. The shock has dissipated to a sense of unerring inevitability they're all going to be up in front of the beak sooner or later.

I once read that Rock Hudson was asked why he was gay, and he said, he wasn't gay, he was bored of sleeping with women: he just wanted something different. Seemed a strange thing to say I thought. But now, on reading into these allegations, it seems they started off with young, teen girls, then as they got away with it, the girls just got younger and younger, as they felt a sense of immunity to it all.

I really think we're hardly into this you know.

Comment

I'm not saying dont put it in the public domain, but do so when they are INSIDE the judicial process.

A police interview without charge is premature in my opinion.

Hall was going to court no matter what, on that evidence as he was charged.

I'm passionate about this , but I'm appalled at losing the chance to try Lord Mcalpine by the media being premature.

I think we run the risk here of one of the uncharged accused starting a massive lawsuit and effectively scaring the police off being confident when approaching suspects in Yewtree.

Comment

Working...
                      X