• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

US is another possibility as my skills would probably allow me to be sponsored by a co. But I think the US has long term issues of its own.
    It may have long term issues, but if you pick the right part of the Californian coastline, it can be a fantastic place to work and live for a few years.

Comment

Seeing as this seems to be the most sensible option the way things are going, I've been thinking.

I could walk into well paying jobs in Germany and Switzerland, but don't like the weather and need to learn German.

US is another possibility as my skills would probably allow me to be sponsored by a co. But I think the US has long term issues of its own.

Malaysia, Singapore appeal quite a bit. Going to check this out in the summer as part of holidays.

But I would guess Australia (where again, my skills would be in demand) is beginning to look like the best compromise: weather, the Asia effect, English speaking. Only problem is its full of ozzies.
      Give Royaume Uni a try. There are some English speeking parts.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Well that is progress at least!
        I'm not sure about that, it's a bit risky.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

US is another possibility as my skills would probably allow me to be sponsored by a co.
          Yeah, I am sure the notion of getting a cloth-eared simpleton like you on board must be really giving the Dunkin Donuts Board members a collective stiffy!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Seeing as this seems to be the most sensible option the way things are going, I've been thinking.

I could walk into well paying jobs in Germany and Switzerland, but don't like the weather and need to learn German.

Malaysia, Singapore appeal quite a bit. Going to check this out in the summer as part of holidays.

But I would guess Australia (where again, my skills would be in demand) is beginning to look like the best compromise: weather, the Asia effect, English speaking. Only problem is its full of ozzies.
            WWSY01D?

HTH

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There you go SASGuru found you a sponsor for OZ, they will need someone to hose down the rooms.

adult services melbourne|best melbourne brothels

Adult Services | Best Melbourne brothels | Prostitutes Melbourne
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You're not going all Scooperpoop on us are you sas?

But if you're just throwing it out there, parts of the US would be a good place, especially west coast including Oregon/Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  You're not going all Scooperpoop on us are you sas?

But if you're just throwing it out there, parts of the US would be a good place, especially west coast including Oregon/Washington.
                  Washington is on the east coast.

HTH
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Cleveland, maybe you can get free accommodation?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I hear Mogadishu is quite nice...
                      It used to be very smart indeed.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X