• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Idiot Abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, it's a bit too close to the bone for you.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I quite like it although never actually get round to watching it
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        He, and Gervais, strenuously argue he is not an actor. He became known through the Ricky Gervais free podcasts several years back (worth a listen) and this is essentially an offshoot of that I think, certainly a logical extension.

Never seen the show but I'd hoped it would be good. Any podcast fans care to throw in their opinion?
        The first series was Ok - ish. But you do start to get the feeling he's hamming it up a bit for the cameras. He seemed much more genuine in the podcasts [IMO].
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

An Idiot Abroad

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          The first series was Ok - ish. But you do start to get the feeling he's hamming it up a bit for the cameras. He seemed much more genuine in the podcasts [IMO].
          You'd thing he'd have realised by now he's gonna end up in a shiitehole after the brief dangle of the nice-bit carrot. Happens every episode...

Comment

What makes people assume Carl is as gormless as he makes out? It's an act for Pete's sake, and in real life he's probably as smart and quick witted as Gervais.

Some of you lot sound like those daft twats who berate soap stars in real life, confusing them with the characters they play.

The cartoons are pretty funny, although somewhat marred by the forced laugh of the guy with glasses.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              What makes people assume Carl is as gormless as he makes out? It's an act for Pete's sake, and in real life he's probably as smart and quick witted as Gervais.

Some of you lot sound like those daft twats who berate soap stars in real life, confusing them with the characters they play.

The cartoons are pretty funny, although somewhat marred by the forced laugh of the guy with glasses.
              It's proof that he's actually a good actor that people get so worked up about it.

Comment

It's on Sky One therefore made for people with below average intelligence. n

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  That we know the backstory. Gervais pushed Karl into the limelight after working with him in his previous guise as a producer or something along those lines.

The whole point of the podcasts was that Ricky, Karl and Stephen (Merchant) just chatted amongst themselves, and this ended up as mocking Karl on a range of subjects.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    That we know the backstory. Gervais pushed Karl into the limelight after working with him in his previous guise as a producer or something along those lines.

The whole point of the podcasts was that Ricky, Karl and Stephen (Merchant) just chatted amongst themselves, and this ended up as mocking Karl on a range of subjects.
                    He now appears as an actor in Gervaises latest sitcom about a mentally impaired guy doing day work in an old peoples home. Reminds me of Sasguru for some reason.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

An Idiot Abroad

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      He now appears as an actor in Gervaises latest sitcom about a mentally impaired guy doing day work in an old peoples home. Reminds me of Sasguru for some reason.
                      He also had a small part in Extras

Comment

Working...
                      X