• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demystifying Agent Speak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    How would a role in <any location> be for you - is that near home?
    I might have looked at where you are based, but unless it's London, I have no idea where anywhere else in the country is, particularly if you are in the north - is Yorkshire close to Aberdeen?
    It's even better if you live in London you get:
    1. The role is based in <place in London> which is far from you. How long will it take you to travel there?
      When the CV they actually have a copy of clearly states where you live which is two miles away
    2. Oh you live in London So you have no problems getting there.
      When you live the opposite side of London and the job is actually on the border of one of the home counties.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I will call you back

You will never hear from me again

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        "Sure, but can I speak to him?"

"I'm afraid he's in a meeting right now, if you give me your number I'll get him to call you back as soon as he's out of it, have you got a crayon and some drawing paper and perhaps a job spec?"
        Said that and the recruitment salesman exploded like a baboon being poked with a stick in a glass cage in a zoo.
        Last edited by hyperD; 9 September 2013, 17:11.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Hi, I have a great role you're just perfect for

Hi, I do have a great role, and you're the fourth person I am speaking to about it.
          Listen, I really want to tell you you're the centre of the universe, but truthfully,
          there are better candidates out there, but I need to keep my options open if the
          best candidate goes elsewhere

Comment

I see you're working at Acme Co
            You are clearly fishing to find something elsewhere, else you wouldn't have uploaded your CV to
            17 different jobsites.
            Whilst we're fishing together, do you know Fred at Acme Co?

Talk me through your CV
            Your writing skills are appalling, and the CV merely lists various technical skills, but with no context of the type of project, your involvement, and how you helped deliver results.
            Could you translate it into english that I can use to market your skills.

Comment

[QUOTE=vetran;1747534]I'm sorry Mike is out he is still very interested in you for that job. I will get him to give you a call
              Like hell he is sitting next me wetting himself", you have more chance of Jessica Alba calling you and asking for a threesome with You & Halle Berry.

Now thats a nice visualization!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X