• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

List of things you don't see nowadays...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    I saw an SD1 the other day, classic. My Dad used to have one in white, its design has aged surprisingly well.

I didn't realise as a kid that it was inspired by the Ferrari Daytona, lovely stuff.

Rover SD1
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._day_white.jpg

Ferrari Daytona
    http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-co...yder-14543.jpg
    My father in law worked at Longbridge and built the SD1, he said the parts were rusting even before they put them on the car! He finds it remarkable when he sees one on the road.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      liqourice pipes
      My local shop has those for 15p. Very nice they are too.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I've got a teapot, and use proper leaf tea. And a strainer

Teabags and mug-brewing can't hold a candle to the real thing. It's like the difference between a Tesco Value burger and prime steak.
        You think they make teabags from horses?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          zimmer frames

fruit salad sweeties

black-jacks

liqourice pipes
          They definitely all exist, though the last one is a pale imitation. I'm only young and even I remember sticks of liquorice you had to properly chomp on. But the first two are as I remember them, probably your local Tesco has them.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've got a teapot, and use proper leaf tea. And a strainer

Teabags and mug-brewing can't hold a candle to the real thing. It's like the difference between a Tesco Value burger and prime steak.
          Meh. I don't think you could tell the difference in a blind test. Of course tea is very much about the emotional side so it can be totally indistinguishable and at the same time totally different!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
            Non-Bob Cobol programmers
            Cobol programmers.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

PCs in Dixons where someone has typed:

10 PRINT "Hello world"
              20 GOTO 10

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They definitely all exist, though the last one is a pale imitation. I'm only young and even I remember sticks of liquorice you had to properly chomp on. !
                you are thinking of liquorice bark. sticks of woody stuff that you could chew for a week without the flavour going

in Liverpool we called it 'sticky lice'

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  PCs in Dixons where someone has typed:

10 PRINT "Hello world"
                  20 GOTO 10
                  Dixons.

Comment

the point of it all.

Comment

I saw some of those little boxes of "sweet cigarettes" in a shop the other day. You know, the white things about three inches long with red dye on one end.

They've ditched the red dye and just call them "candy sticks" now, so sweet cigarettes can be added to the list, though their pure white ghost lingers on

Comment

Working...
                      X