• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something worth seeing in the Wail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I see your mock vintage strumpet (nice as she is) and raise you with Diana Dors, winner of 'Modern Miss Venus Weston-super-Mare 1945', though I can't find a picture of her there so this will have to do:

I saw her playing crazy golf with her boy in the early 80's.
    Ah I fold.
    Best I could manage was a picture of my big sister at the Saltdean Lido 2011 Fun Day (and no she isn't MTT's mock vintage strumpet).

Comment

This was a respectable thread about fine buildings until you bastards hijacked it!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        This was a respectable thread about fine buildings until you bastards hijacked it!

definitely the winning hand!

The view from Saltdean is out over the sea so its actually quite an experience. Beautiful building glad its being saved.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Who started the posting of pictures of floozies?

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
            Who started the posting of pictures of floozies?

No idea. Whodunnit?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              definitely the winning hand!

The view from Saltdean is out over the sea so its actually quite an experience. Beautiful building glad its being saved.
              I am glad it's being saved, I used to spend some of my summer holidays in that pool, although us lads would generally prefer to go to the beach and show off by jumping off the undercliff walk into the sea at high tide (tombstoning these days I think).

I'm actually not a fan of the art deco style of building, I could never warm to these big concrete buildings. Just up the road from the Saltdean Lido was one of the biggest in the Ocean Hotel and can be seen in some of the photos of the Lido. I worked there in various roles when it was owned by Butlins. That has gone the way of many old buildings in being redeveloped into flats although the main part of the building does remain.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Another heritage triumph for Swansea:

BBC News - Bush Hotel: Demolition risk for pub Dylan Thomas drank in

Been around for centuries, survived the attentions of the Luftwaffe.

Doomed by some flybynight property company.
                Could be worse.

BBC News - Developers destroy ancient Peru pyramid

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Another heritage triumph for Swansea:

BBC News - Bush Hotel: Demolition risk for pub Dylan Thomas drank in

Been around for centuries, survived the attentions of the Luftwaffe.

Doomed by some flybynight property company.
                  Yes, but remember that many of the Luftwaffe pilots were not really very committed Nazis.

Comment

Why hasn't my thread got a casual sexism tag?

I demand a casual sexism tag!

Comment

Working...
                    X