• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carjacked!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'd be looking for his.
    I'd be surprised if he has one

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Crikey Nick, I missed this post first time around. Glad you're Ok, and great news.
    Cheers Must admit, I was quite surprised that somebody went to the trouble of making an anonymous call about it after all this time. Sounds like he is not the most popular of petty criminals.

Comment

And the police have another 'solved crime' on their books.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        And the police have another 'solved crime' on their books.
        Or more had they offered to give Nick's home address in exchange for that criminal "admitting" on doing some other unsolved cases!

Comment

I missed it first time round. But if I hadn't...

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          ...some bozo jumps in the passenger seat of my car as I'm stopped, and demands I take him to a village a few miles away, or he'll take the car and do it himself....
          Yeah - I get that from my kids as well.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I once accidentally hijacked a car in Manchester City centre. Myself and a chum, much worse off from the drink jumped into the back of a 'taxi' and told the lad to take us to my mates house. Only once we got to our destination it turned out it was just some poor lad in a Mondeo who'd driven us back sh1tting himself about how this was going to end up.

Much hilarity and assurances he wasn't going to be left in a ditch and we sorted him out with a couple of bifters for his trouble.

The coppers actions in this post is scary. Sadly, I can believe it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              if you had locked your car he would have been there to arrest.
              And you'd be done for kidnap or illegally detaining him

EDIT: all's well that ends well. Glad you're ok, I also missed this first time around
              Last edited by Platypus; 26 October 2013, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                And you'd be done for kidnap or illegally detaining him

EDIT: all's well that ends well. Glad you're ok, I also missed this first time around
                Isn't there such a thing as a citizens arrest? Or has that been done away with the rest of our rights too?

Still... glad to hear Nick is alright.

P.S. My door locks always go on as a matter of course driving through the dodgier parts of London.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Just realised that the edited first post doesn't really detail what went on, so to explain:
                  1. I'd stopped in the driveway leading to the area in which I park, and got out to unlock the gate;
                  2. There were several police vans and cars about four doors up blocking the road, though I still don't know what they were dealing with;
                  3. As I got back in the car and started the engine after unlocking the gate, the bloke jumped in the passenger seat demanding to be taken to Cuba (well, Sapcote), otherwise he'd take the car off me and drive there himself;
                  4. I reversed out of the drive and just drove up to the police blocking the road, stopped, and jumped out with the keys
                  5. The chap was out of the car almost as fast as I was, though heading away from rather than towards the police, so no chance to lock him in.

Comment

Working...
                  X