• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    The permie I quoted is their best customer for Sleds
    FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      We only really bought sweets and cakes from there when we had a membership. If there's a Makro / Booker nearby then you may be better off trying there first - particularly since it's free to join.

Sign up online at Makro and then pop in with your temporary print at home card and a couple of company documents and you're away.
      There's a Makro within walking distance of my office.

Costco is going to be a pain to get to unless I have the car.

Daughter's having her 4th birthday party in a week. We only moved house 6 weeks ago and still have shed loads of boxes to unpack and stuff to fix. The wife's also pregnant which is making her really lazy, so Costco was suggested as a great place for party platters etc.

Comment

I was getting nagged about joining the new opening near us soon. I grunted OK until she said we had to take my VAT certificate as proof etc to join. At that point i didnt like the sound of it anymore and said no. I heard it about the same prices for almost everything as Tesco?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
          I was getting nagged about joining the new opening near us soon. I grunted OK until she said we had to take my VAT certificate as proof etc to join. At that point i didnt like the sound of it anymore and said no. I heard it about the same prices for almost everything as Tesco?
          Depends what you're buying. We save the cost of membership on discount Aspals cider. In a previous life... It was worth joining for the price of their potato scones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
            Booze works out about the same, but food is much cheaper and a good selection and white goods / etc are good. It's the difference in products that make it though.

They insist on VAT certificates though to keep out the chavs.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X