• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

******* LinkedIn and endorsements!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a C++ programmer. Essentially it is all I have done, in terms of languages, for about 15 years. I have also done some personal projects in C#. No one else has ever really seen or used these programs.

Currently, I have more endorsements for C# than for C++.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      How can someone who you've never even met endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed
      It's the future.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I got endorsed for a skill I didn't have and then got approached by a pp and offered a gig on the back of it. Weird.

Comment

So you got endorsed for waffling?

Hang on - that is a skill you have. Maybe linbkedin knows you better than you think.

Comment

How can someone endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed
            As you haven't got any they are making them up for you
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How can someone endorse you for a skill you don't even have listed
              quite easily, it's normally a prompt within linkedin and you can add a skill to someone's list.

I've turned off the endorsements so people can't see them on my profile.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                They could have picked something useful, rather than tape-changing

Milan's got that market sewn up

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  I got endorsed by my just left uni daughter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                  That almost made me laugh out loud in the office. Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    No skills, no friends, no career opportunities, does that mean I qualify as a recruitment agent?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No skills, no friends, no career opportunities, does that mean I qualify as a recruitment agent?
                      Sorry but no. You still have a personality. And ethics.

Comment

Working...
                      X