• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OU results in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. So now that's under your belt, what will your next degree be in?

I've often toyed with the idea of going to cookery classes (and God knows I need some lessons) or oil painting classes

(I'm not keen on weak pissy watercolour paintings, although one can appreciate the skill that goes into some, and in some ways watercolour is more demanding than oil.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Congrats!
      Join IPSE

Comment

Congratulations muddy!

There is more than one good reason for doing a degree - you need it to follow your profession, or you simply like the subject. That's how it generally used to work before Blair's 50% target.

There are also not-so-good reasons - it's expected of you, it's something to do instead of getting a job, everyone else seems to be doing one, to enjoy the student lifestyle, you are led to believe that you will be at the back of the queue for any job without one...

Comment

Well done!
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Good effort indeed MS!

Congrats!

Comment

Yay! Well done

+50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Top and congrats!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Congrats. So now that's under your belt, what will your next degree be in?

I've often toyed with the idea of going to cookery classes (and God knows I need some lessons) or oil painting classes

(I'm not keen on weak pissy watercolour paintings, although one can appreciate the skill that goes into some, and in some ways watercolour is more demanding than oil.)
                  Thinking I might learn a language. Arabic quite appeals

Comment

Great result!

I've had Mrs bless 'em all on the phone this morning, calling in from the festival she's at, to get her results from her penultimate module.

She's still on target for a first.

I just wish I had the self-discipline to do one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                      Great result!

I've had Mrs bless 'em all on the phone this morning, calling in from the festival she's at, to get her results from her penultimate module.

She's still on target for a first.

I just wish I had the self-discipline to do one myself.
                      Excellent. What's she studying?

Comment

Working...
                      X