• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipcress, Funeral in Berlin, Billion Dollar Brain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure I have not seen spy who came in from the cold as I had that saved on SKY and waiting to watch recently.

I think the Caine was sent across to find a kidnapped child, there is a woman in a watch repair shop that is his contact. I think the films are all blurring into each other now.

I seem to remember one where he was cooking a meal with tomatoes and red wine at the start.

Comment

Ipcress on BBC3

Comment

Oh, this thread again.

Zeity, did you know Harry Palmer came out of retirement for Bullet to Beijing (1995) and Midnight in Saint Petersburg (1996) ?

Perhaps there would have been more, but according to the trivia section in the IMDB page for the St Petersburg film:

Michael Caine stated in his memoir that the making of this film and Bullet to Beijing, "was my worst professional experience ever" and that he decided to quit acting during the production. ...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Dunno if anyone else has seen the two Harry Palmer films from the 90s?

Not exactly wonderful, but they occupied an otherwise even more tedious several hours.
          Which one featured the Army type in an Austin-Healey 3000?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            "The Spy that came in from the cold"?

I have a hazy memory of a fight in Berlin where the bad guy gets speared by a set of drills.

I thought it was in one of the Harry Palmer films, but it wasn't.
            Are you perchance thinking of the punch up in The Odessa File (1974), with John Voight?

Was in a print factory as I (vaguely) recall, and the baddie ends up impaled on some printing machine gadgetry.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You were only supposed to blow the bleeping' doors off!

Comment

Working...
              X