• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book him Danno - Speeding Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Talking of insurance, I assume I must tell them (once I'm convicted) ?
    They would love it if you didn't. Then they can tell you to f**k off if you ever try to claim!

I think that lying or omitting requested information might be obtaining insurance by deception which is ilegal (again a friend told me this, I have never looked into it).
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

nope but if you try and claim you may find your insurance is invalidated - so is a good idea too

also admit you knew what speed you were going - it shows you were in control

Comment

Probably a good idea....

Comment

Yes, and you will need to take out a mortgage out to insure your car. Alternatively, setup a Ltd Co in Romania, register your car in the Lt Co name, insurance will cost you about £60 for use in the EU.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

hmm i recall back in the day when I was dumb enough to get a dr10.

Got a 2 year ban - but when I went to get insurance I am sure it was not a huge increase from previous premiums

But then this was like 15 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              hmm i recall back in the day when I was dumb enough to get a dr10.

Got a 2 year ban - but when I went to get insurance I am sure it was not a huge increase from previous premiums

But then this was like 15 years ago
              Umm, I remember Cyprus prior to the DD law. Hire car plus drinking is not a good combination especially when your parking space is taken up my your mates hire-car.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Yes, and you will need to take out a mortgage out to insure your car.
                Costs me approx 350 now, I'd pay 1000, but more than that would leave a bad taste.

Comment

Costs me approx 350 now, I'd pay 1000, but more than that would leave a bad taste.
                  Do you have another car? (other half etc). Multi-car discounts are great with Admiral. My NCB went down from 4 to 1 due to minor tap with BMW (its dragging on for 8 months), but my insurance hardly went up.
                  I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Oh dear I got caught going very fast last night. Might lose me licence
                    When am I likely to receive an immediate disqualification?
                    When travelling far in excess of the speed limit, there is risk of an immediate ban, based on the speed recorded. Although the Courts around the country have their own local practices, by and large if you are more than 40% over the speed limit, you are at risk of an immediate disqualification, although there seems to be more tolerance when the speed limit broken is 30/40 mph. The length of the ban is again at the Court's discretion, but as a general rule, it will range from 7 to 90 days, depending on the exact circumstances of your case, your personal situation and the quality of the defence/mitigation raised.

Speed Limit Speed Alleged
                    30 mph In excess of 51 mph
                    40 mph In excess of 66 mph
                    50 mph In excess of 75 mph
                    60 mph In excess of 85 mph
                    70 mph In excess of 100 mph
                    If you were doing 100mph in a 60 then it's not looking good.

What sort of road was it?

TBH anyone doing that kind of speed anywhere deserves to receive a ban IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                      TBH anyone doing that kind of speed anywhere deserves to receive a ban IMHO.
                      Generalisations are not always appropriate. 120 on a motorway where you're overtaking traffic and there are sliproads is one thing. 120 where you can see a stretch of road 1 mile ahead and know for sure there are no cars is another.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X