• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you've learned how many people can fit down yer throat

I have learned that I should start charging some people rent!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I have learned that I should start charging some people rent!
      I thought the origin of the term was that you were earning money to pay your rent, not that you were charging rent for fitting people down your throat, but I guess everyone has to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        I thought the origin of the term was that you were earning money to pay your rent, not that you were charging rent for fitting people down your throat, but I guess everyone has to make a living.
        I always assumed that the term was referring to renting a person rather than what they person spent the money on?

Comment

I just came very close to Googling "Rent Boy" to find the origin of the term, then suddenly thought better of it.

Especially on a ClientCo PC.

Comment

and have to quietly grind my teeth at family occaisions whilst some of my wife's close family who are young earth creationalists spout their anti science rubbish and subtly threaten my daughter with burning in hell unless she agrees with them etc.
            I wouldn't let that pass.

I can understand going to church as your wife likes it etc, and I'm sure she knows how you feel (she does doesn't she?), but I certainly wouldn't be letting anyone else, family or not talk that way to my children.

Is your wife the fire and brimstone way? I'm not sure I could handle that kind of difference between me and my missus.

As it is she is a lapsed catholic (or whatever you call it), our kids will be going to catholic school when old enough because they are the best schools where we live, so have been christened etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              So that's what Mrs Ticktock was mumbling about.

Comment

I do go to church but only to look after my children whilst my wife listens to the service and gets involved, I sometimes get involved with the housegroup meetings depending on what is happening and sing in the church choir. However, I am an atheist and have to quietly grind my teeth at family occaisions whilst some of my wife's close family who are young earth cretinists spout their anti science rubbish and subtly threaten my daughter with burning in hell unless she agrees with them etc.
                FTFY.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  I wouldn't let that pass.

I can understand going to church as your wife likes it etc, and I'm sure she knows how you feel (she does doesn't she?), but I certainly wouldn't be letting anyone else, family or not talk that way to my children.
                  Yeah she knows, they all do as I am quite open about it when asked. Friends at the church know too but most of them do not make a big deal out of it. I sometimes let loose at the creationalists in laws, mainly when they post nonsense on facebook e.g. anti-homosexual stuff, science denial etc. However, I am expected to keep quiet at family gatherings to keep the peace. It is only one or two of them that come out with this when I am there and my wife usually bitch slaps them in private and reminds them to respect my opinions etc.

Is your wife the fire and brimstone way? I'm not sure I could handle that kind of difference between me and my missus.
                  Not so much. They are more of the happy clappy crowd. One or two them at the church are 'Christian scientists' who give talks about why science is wrong and how it actually shows the bible is right (I guess those bits of science are not wrong or something). I generally avoid conversations with them about it unless they corner me as I am concerned it will cause tension if I argue back.

As it is she is a lapsed catholic (or whatever you call it), our kids will be going to catholic school when old enough because they are the best schools where we live, so have been christened etc.
                  My daughter is on her way to a faith school in September, it is the best school in the area. My wife wants her dedicated, goes to Christian play groups etc. I do not really care, it is not causing any harm at the moment and she enjoys it. It also makes life seem a lot less scary for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So that's what Mrs Ticktock was mumbling about.
                    I assumed she was talking to the other guys but she did have her mouth full I guess.

Comment

My daughter is on her way to a faith school in September, it is the best school in the area. My wife wants her dedicated, goes to Christian play groups etc. I do not really care, it is not causing any harm at the moment and she enjoys it. It also makes life seem a lot less scary for her.
                      That's kind of my feeling on it for now, though they aren't at that age yet.

It's the indoctrination type stuff that I would worry about "you're going to hell" etc. I am sure (hopeful?) my kids will see it for what it is when they are able.

Comment

Working...
                      X