• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    It's the indoctrination type stuff that I would worry about "you're going to hell" etc. I am sure (hopeful?) my kids will see it for what it is when they are able.
    Yep, same here.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      It's the indoctrination type stuff that I would worry about "you're going to hell" etc. I am sure (hopeful?) my kids will see it for what it is when they are able.
      I can't imagine there's much if any of that these days, at least in the UK.

But in any case, if you had it as a kid and survived then what makes you think your kids will fare any worse? Were you smarter or tougher than them at the same age?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's not indoctrination. You are going to hell.

(I'm here to tell you the Good News
        Good news? What's that?
        You're going to hell
        What's the bad news?)
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          FTFY.
          It seems odd to me that a religious person, who, presumably, sometimes get ridiculed about his beliefs, would dismiss those with differing religious beliefs as cretins.

Comment

Have you met any young earth creationists? I put them in the same category as anti-vacciners, tin-foil hat wearers and 911 conspiracy theorists. While I have my set of beliefs, I'm happy to discuss and debate them. I'm interested in the opposition's point of view and try to understand it (the better to rebut it, my dear). I believe that faith can have a rational basis, and that it's possible to have reasonable discussions about it (online forums notwithstanding, where it's much more fun to just slag each other off). If I find evidence that suggests my beliefs are incorrect, I'm happy to change my beliefs. Young earthers are "true believers". They're not amenable to discussion.

Richard Dawkins gets his worldview ridiculed as well. Have you seen the latest Private Eye?

I'm not claiming that anyone shouldn't ridicule my beliefs, so I can't be accused of hypocrisy on that score.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X