• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You always desperately try to prove yourself on these threads, you have confidence issues (hardly surprising and understandable as your australian).
    FTFY HTH
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You always desperately try to prove yourself on these threads, I think you have confidence issues.
      From this and your previous post I conclude the following. You had no input into the architecture of the last three apps you worked on. You are a code monkey. You also havent kept up to date if you don't understand how and why OO has evolved into what you whined about. So you are a mid level money grabbing whinger, who will be bobbed eventually.

I explained some good stuff in my post. Have a think about it, be open minded, you could learn something. Try to get over your ego.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        From this and your previous post I conclude the following. You had no input into the architecture of the last three apps you worked on. You are a code monkey. You also havent kept up to date if you don't understand how and why OO has evolved into what you whined about. So you are a mid level money grabbing whinger, who will be bobbed eventually.

I explained some good stuff in my post. Have a think about it, be open minded, you could learn something. Try to get over your ego.
        You proposed polymorphic substitution as an option for modification, I laughed at that. I laughed at other stuff in there as well.

But this is general, not technical and what I have picked up on from quite a few of your posts going back quite a long way is that you are quite insecure, you like to tell other people, a lot, about what you feel are accomplishments that nobody else really interested in and I sense a bit of sadness in that. Quite a lot actually. I Don't know if you are small, bald, ugly, come from a broken home, were bullied, but something happened and it has taken its grip on your personality.

Comment

You proposed polymorphic substitution as an option for modification, I laughed at that. I laughed at other stuff in there as well.

But this is general, not technical and what I have picked up on from quite a few of your posts going back quite a long way is that you are quite insecure, you like to tell other people, a lot, about what you feel are accomplishments that nobody else really interested in and I sense a bit of sadness in that. Quite a lot actually. I Don't know if you are small, bald, ugly, come from a broken home, were bullied, but something happened and it has taken its grip on your personality.
          But you don't "get" modern OO. You whined like a newbie who learned his trade last week from a book. You don't get that traditional OO does not scale and makes testing hard. You are a numpty! I'd be all over you if you were in my team.

Comment

But you don't "get" modern OO. You whined like a newbie who learned his trade last week from a book. You don't get that traditional OO does not scale and makes testing hard. You are a numpty! I'd be all over you if you were in my team.
            I'll make sure and ask prospective clients if they have any emotionally stunted Australians on the team and I should be able to avoid that situation then.

Comment

I'll make sure and ask prospective clients if they have any emotionally stunted Australians on the team and I should be able to avoid that situation then.
              Good comeback!

Your wit is as basic as your grasp of your trade.

Comment

The modern fixation with service classes and data only objects usually turns out to be a mess, people just spunk their domain behaviour code into whichever service class they are nearest to at the time, seen this done hundreds of times. Code ends up a mess.

And Fowler has been quite condemning of this architecture as well so your claim that domain logic in domain objects is "out" is pish.

Comment

Good comeback!

Your wit is as basic as your grasp of your trade.
                  You do come across as a not-terribly-bright, touchy, colonial with a massive chip on your shoulder.
                  In the old days you could have hidden behind the sporting prowess of your compatriots, an option that is missing now.
                  Is there anything at all Australians are good for nowadays?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Blimey, people are still arguing over OO.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Blimey, people are still arguing over OO.

Quite. I'm sorry I asked.
                      Sort of confirms that's its only important in some geeks mind.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X