• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Der Untergang/Downfall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Untergang/Downfall

Watched it when it came out, great movie - A1..

It's on iTunes HD for 6.99 so I got it, rewatched and now it's spoilt - keep thinking about Xbox, Gamer points and Sheffield United.

Bugger, damn those internet memes...

Still, makes u think, who's worse, Russians or Germans?

The SAP downfall meme was especially good

Still as well as Downfall, it did give us Hitler cat, and the welsh house that looks like Hitler and of course otherwise there would be no CUK grammar Nazis
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Never saw it until after seeing quite a few parodies; e.g. BNP membership list leak: "That fat **** Griffin! He couldn't run a bath!" etc.

Bought it on iTunes once I realised it was a highly-regarded film, and by now I must have watched it half-a-dozen times. I think it's incredibly powerful. One of the things that impressed me was that it's powerful enough to overcome the mental influence of those parodies (although of course I'm still vaguely aware of them when watching it) by drawing me so deeply into the situation.

Actually, I was thinking of watching Blade Runner (which I've still never seen, but I bought a DVD a couple of months back and can rip it in a few minutes) tonight, but now you've made me think of it, I'll watch Downfall again. Cheers :nazi:

Comment

There is only one Downfall Parody you need to see

Any excuse to show it again, it slips my mind who did it originally
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Still as well as Downfall, it did give us Hitler cat, and the welsh house that looks like Hitler and of course otherwise there would be no CUK grammar Nazis
          We got salad cream as well don't forget

Quite topical really, Rochus Misch died on friday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Actually, I was thinking of watching Blade Runner (which I've still never seen,
            This is obviously trolling! Everybody has seen Blade Runner.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I haven't, watched the first 20 minutes a few times but can never get any further

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                I haven't, watched the first 20 minutes a few times but can never get any further
                I'm not listening, la la la la
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Nope

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    Same here, not a big Sci-Fi fan.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X