• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody Ever Seen a Doctor or Nurse Wearing Niqab?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Every time I have been into an operating theatre everyone has had their face and hair covered, including me. Apparently this is normal.
    Was that when you woke up in the middle of your sex change op?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Thought not. So why are the Tories tulipstirring about it? They presumably see some benefit in inciting hatred, but what could it be?
      It's a difficult one: freedom of the individual to behave in a backward, medieval fashion versus the expectations of a modern society
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Nurses who want to wear a veil could work on the blind ward. Sorted.
        Or carry a large photo of their face? Would the peace loving religion allow a man to look at their photo?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It's a difficult one: freedom of the individual to behave in a backward, medieval fashion versus the expectations of a modern society
          WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Thought not. So why are the Tories tulipstirring about it? They presumably see some benefit in inciting hatred, but what could it be?

Only the daily mail reading New Labour muppets will think its the Tories stirring it.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Nobody seems to get worked up monks and nun who live in cut off cloistered orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Nobody seems to get worked up monks and nun who live in cut off cloistered orders.
                They're just as silly and medieval, IMO. But at least they cut themselves off voluntarily. I doubt anyone would complain if niqab wearers cut themselves off in cloistered orders.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think this is the thin edge of a wider debate about covering up in public places. Personally I think the right of society to be able to recognise people outweighs the freedom to wear or not to wear what you want. You can’t walk down the streets naked so we already have limits on what is acceptable. There are security issues too and the following is a true story that I observed.

I was in the Trafford Center leaning against a pillar waiting for the wife to come out from M&S when a woman, presumably, came to the other side of the pillar in a black flowing burka with full face covering accompanied by a 8-9 year old young girl in pink western clothing. The woman stood, unaware it seems of my presence, at the other side and ’sent’ the young girl into Curry’s where there were people messing around with the tablets etc. The girl was going around behind the women and looking it seems for any open handbags whilst they were distracted. When I noticed this I put my head round the pillar and the older woman who grasped that I knew what they were about and so beckoned the girl out of the shop and walked off. I reported this to a security guard who said he would look out for them. Trouble was the only way of recognising them was the little girls description..

Now I am most definitely not saying that everyone wearing a veil is a thief, what I am pointing out is the lack of recognition and accountability.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    The woman stood, unaware it seems of my presence, at the other side and ’sent’ the young girl into Curry’s where there were people messing around with the tablets etc. The girl was going around behind the women and looking it seems for any open handbags whilst they were distracted. When I noticed this I put my head round the pillar and the older woman who grasped that I knew what they were about and so beckoned the girl out of the shop and walked off. I reported this to a security guard who said he would look out for them. Trouble was the only way of recognising them was the little girls description..

Now I am most definitely not saying that everyone wearing a veil is a thief, what I am pointing out is the lack of recognition and accountability.
                    Considering what they were wearing could you be sure they were a woman, if it was a male thief it would be an ideal way to disguise thier identify for the security cameras
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Time for the Church of the FSM to demand its followers all wear Balaclavas for a day or the Jedi Knights to march on Parliament in Darth Vadar masks.

Unfortunately I suspect much of it is dictated by the males of the religion or for personal convenience reasons as suggested by Gibbon.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X