• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iMac 27 inch died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You stick to your Dixon's Mitsui value range, it's all you'll ever be able to afford.
    You know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted. Serves you right for being a pretentious fop in the first place.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      You know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted. Serves you right for being a pretentious fop in the first place.
      It was a present, you presumptious fool.
      If I liked Apple tulipe I would have a crap iPhone, wouldn't I?

And anyway better to be someone who can earn lots of money to be parted from in the first place and just as easily replace it, than a poor penny-pinching mediocrity like you. HTH, BIDI.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is it OSX that's failed - if Windows partition boots it can't be the hardware can it?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Is it OSX that's failed - if Windows partition boots it can't be the hardware can it?
          Nope its definitely a PEBKAC issue...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have a pair of Dell U2711s from 2011.

Probably a different model name by now.

Not cheap, but both happily run at 2560x1440.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Was thinking just that - no matter, not worth fixing if its only use is as a monitor.
              Gives me an excuse to buy another shiny piece of kit
              Sadly, I think the CMD-F2 combi that turns it into a monitor is an Apple thing, unless someone knows how to make it a monitor in Windows - but TBH I'm already eyeing some nice 27 inch monitors covetously.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Poor sas. So pathetically sad.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Nope its definitely a PEBKAC issue...
                  I think someone who thinks that adding 0.25 to all sides of an equation to make it leap-year suitable would definitely have personal experience of PEBKAC, don't you?
                  Or someone who thinks their degree enables them to understand an unknown internet user?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Poor sas. .
                    I think looking at it objectively, you'll find yourself to be the poor one.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Was thinking just that - no matter, not worth fixing if its only use is as a monitor.
                      Gives me an excuse to buy another shiny piece of kit
                      Sadly, I think the CMD-F2 combi that turns it into a monitor is an Apple thing, unless someone knows how to make it a monitor in Windows - but TBH I'm already eyeing some nice 27 inch monitors covetously.
                      Boot it with Cmd-R - should take you into recovery mode, then it'll go off to Apple's servers and reinstall (won't wipe your data unless you go into advanced settings and tell it to)...

Comment

Working...
                      X