• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency upset that no-one wants his jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency upset that no-one wants his jobs

(Warning Daily Mail linky)

3 month FTC. Minimum wage, night shift, manual labour job. £6.31 per hour. £47.33p/d. Just to be let go right after Christmas then have the fight to get benefits reinstated.

Agent:
    'It's a disgrace. Everybody should know. People who pay their taxes will be so disappointed in that.

'There is work and it is beyond me why nobody has rung me. They couldn't even get me one person. It's unbelievable.
    Why the hell would anyone in their right mind apply for that job?

Best comment in the comments section was:
    You should be in prison offering those wages chief, you sociopathic little twerp

Also, the agent has really earned his commission or margin on the roles by just calling the JobCentre and getting them to place the ads. A real "value add" for the client there.

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    (Warning Daily Mail linky)

3 month FTC. Minimum wage, night shift, manual labour job. £6.31 per hour. £47.33p/d. Just to be let go right after Christmas then have the fight to get benefits reinstated.

Agent:

Why the hell would anyone in their right mind apply for that job?

Best comment in the comments section was:

Also, the agent has really earned his commission or margin on the roles by just calling the JobCentre and getting them to place the ads. A real "value add" for the client there.
    A good reason to remove benefits
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

makes my point though, the benefits are more than you can earn at the bottom end.

Until you can make it less comfortable why would anyone choose to work & lose benefits?

Also once you come off benefits its a bitch to get back on.

Lets hope the customer was paying a lot more and opens their mouth about it and shows he was a scheming scumbag.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I haven't read the Wail linky but if it's the same story as in Metro this morning, he called the job centre 4 hours before the deadline, then started blubbing that they couldn't find anyone in time. Typical numpty agent.

Comment

Bah, beaten by the lizard

Comment

Danny James, owner of a recruitment agency, needed unskilled workers
            To be fair, for an agent to earn minimum wage on a 10% margin implies we're doing alright.

Mr James managed to get 10 people himself by using his contacts, records and by calling friends, claiming he had effectively had to act as a Jobcentre himself to fill at least some of the positions.
            But isn't that his ******* job? What is he expecting, money for nothing?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think if they had been decent pay > £8 an hour the Job centre might of tried. I have seen people hit the phones Friday afternoon to find 10 - 20 staff but they made the numpty employer pay decent rates.

Wail did mention the short deadline but you had to do the math.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I think if they had been decent pay > £8 an hour the Job centre might of tried. I have seen people hit the phones Friday afternoon to find 10 - 20 staff but they made the numpty employer pay decent rates.

Wail did mention the short deadline but you had to do the math.
                Exactly, if he'd had wits he'd have said "alright, I'll get your people but it's £20 an hour" and then got people for as little as possible and maxed out his margin.

The problem is, he probably had this in his in tray for a fortnight so was in no position to bargain.

Fookwit.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  What is he expecting, money for nothing?
                  The description "owner of a recruitment agency" suggests that the answer to your question is "Yes"

Comment

Obviously operating with blue chip and high end clients.....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X