• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Killer Roads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Roman roads are famous for their twistyness.
    Good point

The Fosse Way is the straightest road in Britain, so it's rather odd seeing it decried for its twistiness

From my experience of maniacs accelerating towards me on the wrong side of the Fosse Way, the real problem is the long, straight stretches. There's always some idiot four cars behind a caravan who completely misjudges the overtake because they can see a long way ahead and apparently fail to take account of the fact that the traffic coming towards them is going at 60mph. I've sometimes had to slow down to less than 30mph just to make sure they have a fighting chance of getting in front of the caravan-towing car before they end up in the front of mine, and they frequently only make it by a whisker. They never seem to think of braking and slotting back in midway, either.

Comment

I notice all the dangerous roads are in the North. Is this because most of the cars are nicked and driven dangerously?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I assume its all realtive, the M25 is deemed safe as the deaths per x number of journeys are lower than the likes of Snake Pass etc
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
        X