• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the missus BMW 3 series estate diesel for the many set-up/discussion meetings I am currently conducting with Client 3.
    It's just the right mixture of comfort, speed and frugality on motorway drives.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      So I need a new car for commutes as its currently a 130 round trip on the motorway. Don't need anything fancy just minimum 4 seats, diesel and 50mpg plus.

Any suggestions or should I stick to my guns...
      I have a 5 seater, diesel that does 50mpg+, might have been in a small bump that the owner is aware off and a larger one that the previous owner failed to fix properly.....
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

She instead suggested

Any suggestions or should I stick to my guns...
        You ASKED your wife?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          You ASKED your wife?

She gets annoyed when cars arrive unannounced especially due to the way I buy them (professional buyer at auction to avoid hidden damage) and then sell the existing one.

Car hunting at lunchtime to look at options...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

She gets annoyed when cars arrive unannounced especially due to the way I buy them (professional buyer at auction to avoid hidden damage) and then sell the existing one.

Car hunting at lunchtime to look at options...
            Is this one of those services where somebody buys the car for you for a fee? Do you even turn up at the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Is this one of those services where somebody buys the car for you for a fee? Do you even turn up at the auction?
              Just pay a fee and leave them to it. Costs about £500 all in and saves. £1500-£2000 on forecourt price

Comment

A new BMW 320D - 60-70 mpg, zero tax and 184 bhp.

Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

I never buy new, I'll let someone else take the initial big depreciation hit.

Comment

I find the ask john section of the honestjohn website very good for this sort of thing. Search facility is quite good but you'll probably find that he's recommended something along the lines of the peugeot ahead of what the other one was.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post

I was going to suggest a slightly older 520d

Comment

Working...
                      X