• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrifying news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Obvious rubbish - they are clearly more intelligent because they are an atheist, not the other way around!!

Although, I am not sure how one can intentionally become and atheist anymore than one can intentionally not believe in fairies.

It reminds me of the last time I saw a heated religious argument between a Christian and a Muslim over who's God was better/real/whatever I suggested that we solve it with a 'prayer off' I would think of a number and both of them could pray to their God and whomever's God gave them the right answer was the winner ... neither was very keen to have a go,
    Now that I don't get, its the same god isn't it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Obvious rubbish - they are clearly more intelligent because they are an atheist, not the other way around!!

Although, I am not sure how one can intentionally become and atheist anymore than one can intentionally not believe in fairies.

It reminds me of the last time I saw a heated religious argument between a Christian and a Muslim over who's God was better/real/whatever I suggested that we solve it with a 'prayer off' I would think of a number and both of them could pray to their God and whomever's God gave them the right answer was the winner ... neither was very keen to have a go,

Comment

Unless you were bought up an atheist, at some point you decided that, notwithstanding what others said, there was no god. You made a choice.

If being an atheists means you are automatically more intelligent, then you must be more intelligent than Newton (Religious nut), Galileo (Catholic), Paul Davies (Deist), Abdus Salaam (Muslim), Ahmed Zewail (Muslim), Max Planck (Deist), Werner Heisenberg (Lutheran),..

But, personally, I think you're just stupid 'cos you can't follow simple logic.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          And there's me thinking the 'religious' are the ones wanting to live in a lah lah land make believe world with their imaginary friend.
          I think there are people who accept what they are told and there are those who ask questions and seek answers. The first type are mostly dull and unthinking, and those that are religious tend to be at the pious and dogmatic rather than spiritual end of the spectrum. Of the second type, some are religious, some aren't, but I tend to have far more in common with them than the atheists in the first group.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I think there are people who accept what they are told and there are those who ask questions and seek answers. The first type are mostly dull and unthinking, and those that are religious tend to be at the pious and dogmatic rather than spiritual end of the spectrum. Of the second type, some are religious, some aren't, but I tend to have far more in common with them than the atheists in the first group.
            Nice post.

Did you compose that whilst taking your daily constitutional?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Nice post.

Did you compose that whilst taking your daily constitutional?
              It's still a bit early for a transcendental experience.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
                Well quite easily, when one denies the seriousness of sin and wants to pretend there are no consequences of one's behaviour in this life beyond whatever justice dished out by humans... atheism is great for those wishing to live in lah lah land, make-believe world
                I really hope that "Mason" is your last name.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I really hope that "Mason" is your last name.
                  I read it as masonry an. Took me a couple of days to twig...

Comment

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
                    Well quite easily, when one denies the seriousness of sin and wants to pretend there are no consequences of one's behaviour in this life beyond whatever justice dished out by humans... atheism is great for those wishing to live in lah lah land, make-believe world
                    Yeah - actually it is more to do with there being insufficient evidence to show that there is anything beyond this life.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Now that I don't get, its the same god isn't it?
                    Same cake, different slice.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Unless you were bought up an atheist, at some point you decided that, notwithstanding what others said, there was no god. You made a choice.
                    Not really. One day I asked in Sunday school why our God was real but other gods were not. No one could properly answer so I started asking why it was fair that children would be punished for believing what their parents told them (which is what I was doing) and believing in other gods. I thought about it and started asking more questions and not getting good answers and I realised (not decided) that it was a sham. Nothing since then has ever shown me otherwise, weekly church sessions, devout inlaws (including creationalists), an Alpha course, a life worth living course etc.

But, personally, I think you're just stupid 'cos you can't follow simple logic.
                    Yawn.

If being an atheists means you are automatically more intelligent, then you must be more intelligent than Newton (Religious nut), Galileo (Catholic), Paul Davies (Deist), Abdus Salaam (Muslim), Ahmed Zewail (Muslim), Max Planck (Deist), Werner Heisenberg (Lutheran),..
                    I have never seriously said that and actually explained this in a previous post on this thread, couldn't you .... follow the simple logic?

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Hey, I said to work out the number I was thinking of - not my IQ!!
                    Last edited by MyUserName; 1 November 2013, 09:36.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X