• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    At 9:52pm?
    Estate agent so desperate for money s/he is working until 10pm to get rid of a property.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Estate agent so desperate for money s/he is working until 10pm to get rid of a property.
      Given the current state of the London property boom I can imagine its true.....

And given the percentages many London estate agents charge its worth their time to work late....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
        What on earth are you going on about?
        It's regrettable that you don't comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          It's regrettable that you don't comprehend.
          It's regrettable that you can't express yourself clearly.
          Last edited by mickey; 6 November 2013, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
            Ignore the ethics of the agent for now. Is there any way the buyer can be incentified?
            It seems unlikely.

incentify - Did you spell it correctly. Alternative spellings in the British English Dictionary - Cambridge Dictionaries Online
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Assuming you don't intent to put the frighteners on the vendor, I suggest you offer whatever you need to and then gazunder an hour before exchanging contracts.
              Yeah, do this ^

I did this once, not deliberately, but it resulted in the seller offering a significant price reduction. I still walked away. ***** them.

(Seller had kept on asking for an improved offers and we stayed in the race. Then there was some comment that carpets would not be included, contrary to our understanding, but could be purchased. I declined the offer to buy the carpets and it was at that moment I realised that we'd be drowning in debt if we bought the place, so I withdrew the offer and walked. Result: seller dropped price by £10k that same day. I kept on walking having explained to the agent that he and the sellers had taken me for a c*** once too often. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made).

Comment

Just how the **** accepted offers can be reneged upon without any penalty in England? That's a load of tulip - small venues ask for a deposit to have a party when you book it, why is it in real estate no such thing is required? I nearly bought my flat but landlord pulled out at the last minute - new person at banked changed their mind to sell at a loss couple of years ago - cost me over £1k in survey/legals

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Just how the **** accepted offers can be reneged upon without any penalty in England? That's a load of tulip - small venues ask for a deposit to have a party when you book it, why is it in real estate no such thing is required? I nearly bought my flat but landlord pulled out at the last minute - new person at banked changed their mind to sell at a loss couple of years ago - cost me over £1k in survey/legals
                  How many sofas could that have bought?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    How many sofas could that have bought?
                    And talking of sofas...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Yeah, do this ^

I did this once, not deliberately, but it resulted in the seller offering a significant price reduction. I still walked away. ***** them.

(Seller had kept on asking for an improved offers and we stayed in the race. Then there was some comment that carpets would not be included, contrary to our understanding, but could be purchased. I declined the offer to buy the carpets and it was at that moment I realised that we'd be drowning in debt if we bought the place, so I withdrew the offer and walked. Result: seller dropped price by £10k that same day. I kept on walking having explained to the agent that he and the sellers had taken me for a c*** once too often. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made).
                      That wasn't 2013 was it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X