• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shut the window you're letting in the cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No it's the 2nd. Honestly you people. The higher energy state is seeking an equilibrium with that outside, i.e. a higher state of entropy or the loss of ability to do work.
    So you're saying that Suity's contracts follow the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

Comment

No it's the 2nd. Honestly you people. The higher energy state in the heat is seeking an equilibrium with that of the cold outside, i.e. a higher state of entropy or the loss of ability to do work.

If the cold was getting in the fridge would be out of business!

Look if you still don't get it, I can't help you. Stick to IT.
      So you read Wikipedia and are now passing yourself of as Stephen Hawkings? Why would someone in IT need or want ot be able to recite these laws, absolutely of no use.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The correct parallel is that dark is lack of light.
        But lack of heat would be -237°C, and even if it's freezing outside, it's nowhere near that cold.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          So you read Wikipedia and are now passing yourself of as Stephen Hawkings? Why would someone in IT need or want ot be able to recite these laws, absolutely of no use.
          He can't even work out his tax bill or figure out that his leccie bill is dear for a one-bed apartment. So he has to pretend to be clever somehow.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            quickest source I could find for a quote was wiki.

I'm no Hawking's, better, I'm an Engineer.

It's a good question, a question that could be asked a million times considering the drivel posted on here.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm no Hawking's, better, I'm an Engineer.

There really isn't a limit to the depth of your stupidity is there?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                But lack of heat would be -237°C, and even if it's freezing outside, it's nowhere near that cold.
                That would be a complete lack of heat.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

There really isn't a limit to the depth of your stupidity is there?
                  Stupidity is just a lack of intelligence. If he has no intelligence then he is completely stupid. Ergo there must be a limit to his stupidity. Of course you may see that stupidity is a curve that tends towards zero intelligence, but even in this case there is a limit, even if it can never be reached. However, I am but a humble arts graduate so please excuse any basic errors in my analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    So you're saying that Suity's contracts follow the 2nd law of thermodynamics?
                    If that law states "everything turns to sh!te" then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      If that law states "everything turns to sh!te" then yes.
                      It is a form of entropy or perhaps osmosis. Get a tulipe BA in and the tulipeness will tend to equalise throughout the project.

Comment

Working...
                      X