• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Students expect £100,000 salary by 40

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 or revolutionize the market they are attacking (plan b)
    Yep - your plan to use male models to deliver milk would disrupt the milk delivery market and all other suppliers of milk that emply ugly men would go bust.

After that you can branch into model parcel delivery

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Is the world ready for findasquirrel.com?
      Well we already have CompareTheMeerkat.com...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You wait until NLUK gets here.
        I already know I'm not cut out to be a contractor!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Atually 100 k is quire a realistic expectation...

If we assume wage inflation at 6%, then over 20 years the average pay in the UK will be around 100K, up from 27-28K now

6% is higher than it has been over the last 20 years but then again we've been in a period of relatively low inflation, quantitative easing is going to cause serious inflation which also has the "useful" side effect that it makes it easier for the government to pay off debt.

One thing that must change is the relative pay of graduates to non-grads. When you have half the population going to uni, they become a dominating factor in average pay making it much harder for them to earn more than average.
          My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
            If we assume wage inflation at 6%

I reckon it's much more likely that students in 20 years will have average of £100k debt after graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I reckon it's much more likely that students in 20 years will have average of £100k debt after graduation.
              20 years? It's probably a good 50K now.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                20 years? It's probably a good 50K now.
                You are forgetting that horrible horrible deflation thingy that can strike at any moment!!!

Comment

Working...
                X