• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website/logo companies? do it myself? advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You can get one of the on-line logo designers to do it for little money, a couple of hundred quid, and then it's yours forever!

I've done this twice (plan A and plan B) and was really pleased with the results
    Anyone specific you used?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Look at wordpress and hunt for a template you like

look at fiverr and find someone who does logos you like and ask them to create on.

Job done...
      What exacly is wordpress - how does it work? Is it just a tool for designing websites?

Comment

Originally posted by sjk999 View Post
        What exacly is wordpress - how does it work? Is it just a tool for designing websites?
        Its a content management system / blogging system.

And unless you are designer you shouldn't design websites. Pick a CMS system (wordpress) search for templates for that CMS system and then pick and install the template you like.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I buy apple computers because they have a pretty apple picture.

On my invoices, website, I use my name in big bold font and nothing more fancy.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I used a local graphics/printing company for my company logo and it was ~£40 and I was very pleased with the result.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Its a content management system / blogging system.

And unless you are designer you shouldn't design websites. Pick a CMS system (wordpress) search for templates for that CMS system and then pick and install the template you like.
              +1

My LtdCo's website is built on Wordpress and I have had a positive response from people looking at it
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sjk999 View Post
                Hi

I want to create a web presence for my Ltd Co. Nothing fancy just informational with services and contact info.

Does anyone have any recommendations for who to do this? I want this done on a very small budget as possible as it wouldnt be more than a few static pages.

Alternataly I am aware there are hosting sites with templates that allow you to do it all yourself - anyone have any advice here?

IN addition I would like a logo created if anyone has any suggestions on that one?

Thanks in advance!
                I can get you a contractor £700 per day.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I buy apple computers because they have a pretty apple picture.

On my invoices, website, I use my name in big bold font and nothing more fancy.

Do you use Old German typeface?
                  Do you have a company slogan? Umm, perhaps that’s a bad idea.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I can get you a contractor £700 per day.
                    I quoted you £300.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Do you use Old German typeface?
                      Do you have a company slogan? Umm, perhaps that’s a bad idea.
                      Scotterscot über alles
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X