• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what did you learn this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I learnt quite a bit about contract law / dispute resolution / arbitration / EOT / VO / CE’s this will be invaluable for future projects
    Well done!

balfour v balfour?
    simpkins v pays?
    boots v pharmaceutical society 1953?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You want to be in MF? I guess you wouldn't be the first or last.
      You mean at the same time?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        With so many moaney whingers around, I wanted to ask, so what did you learn this year? What skills did you acquire? What qualifications to put you ahead of the globalised competition?

For me it was bidding and proposal skills, technically I learnt to use R as the enabling technology for my hard-won stats skills. Next year I will look at the data science capabilities in Python and look at technologies for large datasets.

It's been a bumper year.

HTH
        So in summary, you learnt R this year and Python next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Well done!

balfour v balfour?
          simpkins v pays?
          boots v pharmaceutical society 1953?
          I doubt that - possibly Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain v Boots Cash Chemists (Southern) Ltd [1953], but not the other way round.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            So in summary, you learnt R this year and Python next year?
            Yes sadly I spent so much time arguing with cretins on CUK, I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes sadly I spent so much time arguing with cretins on CUK, I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be.
              Then surely you've learnt something else, in order to be productive, don't argue with cretins on CUK
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Then surely you've learnt something else, in order to be productive, don't argue with cretins on CUK
                Some people never learn.

Comment

With so many moaney whingers around, I wanted to ask, so what did you learn this year? What skills did you acquire? What qualifications to put you ahead of the globalised competition?

For me it was bidding and proposal skills, technically I learnt to use R as the enabling technology for my hard-won stats skills. Next year I will look at the data science capabilities in Python and look at technologies for large datasets.

It's been a bumper year.

HTH
                  A bumper year for some definitions of bumper

I finished off (and passed) my MSc
                  After that I've:
                  Learnt Python (mainly Pandas dataframes) and R simultaneously
                  Sort of learnt Octave (at least enough to pass a Machine Learning course)
                  Did some Hadhoop (Small scale simulation but it took my through a few practical lessons in map-reduce programming methods)
                  Still really need to get my teeth into AWS which is next on the list
                  And i've got some articles with Editors waiting for me to finish
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Learned a lot more about radio and satellite communications than I ever imagined I'd need/want to. Some projects can be entertainingly different

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      A bumper year for some definitions of bumper

I finished off (and passed) my MSc
                      After that I've:
                      Learnt Python (mainly Pandas dataframes) and R simultaneously
                      Sort of learnt Octave (at least enough to pass a Machine Learning course)
                      Did some Hadhoop (Small scale simulation but it took my through a few practical lessons in map-reduce programming methods)
                      Still really need to get my teeth into AWS which is next on the list
                      And i've got some articles with Editors waiting for me to finish
                      You'll need to do a course in mathematical statistics to understand the "science" behind data science though.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X