• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepted parcel for another house... person doesn't live there!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hard to be sure without opening it, but the box design makes me suspect it might be a Kindle.
    Call the company up and ask if they want the parcel back and tell them they have to pay for postage/sent a courier when you are in to avoid inconveniencing you twice.

If they don't come and collect it, and you have tried to give it back to them then after a reasonable amount of time it's yours legally.

BTW Quite a few untech savy people especially the old or stupid sent parcels to the wrong address.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      just leave the packages in the middle of the garden in the rain, for any passing tea leaf to see.
      Problem with most online companies is they don't tell you who they are using to deliver. Then you see the "track your parcel link" and think "ah feck. Not these clowns"

I do like online companies where you can specify the courier, APC while not the cheapest I've never had an issue with.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Call the company up and ask if they want the parcel back and tell them they have to pay for postage/sent a courier when you are in to avoid inconveniencing you twice.

If they don't come and collect it, and you have tried to give it back to them then after a reasonable amount of time it's yours legally.
        Knowing Amazon, sending a courier to pick it up is exactly what they'd do.

I'm just a bit confused at what point in the proceedings "not at this address" got written on the package. Unless the people at that address wrote it on, gave it back and he just tried to find someone else to dump it on... but that seems a little over-complicated.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Knowing Amazon, sending a courier to pick it up is exactly what they'd do.

I'm just a bit confused at what point in the proceedings "not at this address" got written on the package. Unless the people at that address wrote it on, gave it back and he just tried to find someone else to dump it on... but that seems a little over-complicated.
          Shame you will miss the courier as they don't turn up in the times you give for collection.

Amazon don't use DPD. So there is no way Yodel or who ever will turn up in the two- three hour window you give for collection.

So unless the post office or collectPlus is right next to you* then offer to give it back if they send a courier to collect it within a 3 hour window.

*1 mile or less and no long queues
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What I hate is when you leave instructions for them to put it in the basement - even authorise this on the phone by instructing the seller to pass the instructions on - they mess around with you once or twice, taking the parcel back, citing "security" concerns, and then the third time just dropping it where you told them to the first time.

Yodel is Ok, it's not the worst or the best as far as this is concerned. CityLink and their obnoxious 'security' protocols irritate the hell out of me. DPD, Royal Mail etc. are decent.
            Last edited by Zero Liability; 20 December 2013, 21:01.

Comment

A very expensive Gibson Les Paul guitar arrived at my house last year with my name and address which I clearly hadn't ordered much as I wanted it. I accepted it after discussion with the courier and puzzled left it boxed up. Later that evening my mate who lives in the same village arrives asking if I took delivery of the guitar.

He didn't want his wife to know he'd added to the credit card bill so sent it to me. No probs but his wife opened his credit card statement later that month so he ended up in the doghouse and I'm barred from BBQ's at their place

And my DBZ Bolero still plays and sounds better
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
              X