• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merry ******* Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oooh it's getting good now.

So they have now said they want me to go to Jersey on 9th. Fair enough, but what about 6th, 7th, 8th? I told them I was back on the 6th. This was agreed.

So now they want me to drop the first 3 working days of the year, then jet off to Jersey next Thursday, and because they are paying for the flights expect me to stay out there over the weekend at my expense as they want to keep the number of flights down.

Tell them you'll bill for the weekend - or give them the option to fly SY02 to SY06 out and you can have a mini holiday!

Comment

Nope

I meant pate, not pate. This is CUK and I've got a Bally English keyboard, roight!
      Here's a late Christmas present for you: é
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

St. Helier isn't at it's best this time of year but there are worse places in the world.

I worked in St. Helier for 4 years in the 90's; really enjoyed my time there.

So back on topic: They haven't canned your contract then?

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
          St. Helier isn't at it's best this time of year but there are worse places in the world.

I worked in St. Helier for 4 years in the 90's; really enjoyed my time there.

So back on topic: They haven't canned your contract then?
          It would seem not. However I am being treated unfairly, so need to put a marker down. Billing for the weekend seems fair.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It would seem not. However I am being treated unfairly, so need to put a marker down. Billing for the weekend seems fair.
            Not sure they will pay you for the weekend but they should pay your hotel if they are leaving you stranded there
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

If you're not working the weekend, I can't see how you can bill for it. All you can do is demand they pay your expenses for travel/accommodation. If you bill for the weekend they have excellent grounds to refuse to pay you.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If they want you to go and won't pay the full expenses then tell them you are not going. Simple as really.

Who are they....just so I can avoid them in the future!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Finally!

I start back on Monday. 3 days WFH then off to Jersey. Lets get this 2014 invoicing tulip on!
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                  X