• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adventurous teenagers in the Wail today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JHC. The best I could do was calling in at the pub on cross-country runs
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Dominican Republic? Posh??

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Dominican Republic? Posh??

Did anyone suggest it was posh?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Did anyone suggest it was posh?
          So what's it doing in the posh thread?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So what's it doing in the posh thread?
            This isn't the posh thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              This isn't the posh thread.
              So cross referencing is against the rules?

Comment

So cross referencing is against the rules?
                Nope sorry, my fault, I only just found it in the posh thread.

Comment

UPDATION:

Telegraph, Mail et al. say the kids have been found;

Stonyhurst College runaways found safe and well in Dominican Republic - Telegraph

But Dominican press say this morning that they've run off again!

Brit teens give Dominican Republic police 'the slip' - DominicanToday.com

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                      Good one. I ran away from boarding school at 14 and got on a plane home (parents lived overseas). What strikes me in this is that the meejah are writing this up as one big prank, but there may actually be other reasons why they've run off. Maybe it was just a bit of fun that's got out of hand, in which case , but maybe there's more to it. Perhaps before they get a bloody good 'talking to', somebody needs to give them a bloody good 'listening to'.

Comment

Working...
                      X