• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitness challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    A wonderful thought! Anyway, are you up for it?
    I will give it a try - it won't be pretty though

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      I will give it a try - it won't be pretty though
      Good man!!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Just remembered this thread!

Have now got my time down to 13 minutes on the dot.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Just remembered this thread!

Have now got my time down to 13 minutes on the dot.

Comment

I've just started adding press-ups, (inclined) sit-ups and pull-ups to my "watch an episode of something on Netflix" exercise bike workout. Sadly while I can do 4 pull-ups with my wrists facing me, the other way round I can only really do 1-2 and I don't think that's enough reps to actually get anywhere.

Sad... I used to be able to do 30+ pull-ups, even 1-handed. But that was more because I used to weigh 8st not 11-something, than due to any muscles

My garage floor paint arrived today so I have to do that this weekend... press-ups on bare concrete isn't that pleasant!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Thanks for reminding me. I have a hurty back too at the moment from digging the allotment holes for myself.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I've just started adding press-ups, (inclined) sit-ups and pull-ups to my "watch an episode of something on Netflix" exercise bike workout. Sadly while I can do 4 pull-ups with my wrists facing me, the other way round I can only really do 1-2 and I don't think that's enough reps to actually get anywhere.

Sad... I used to be able to do 30+ pull-ups, even 1-handed. But that was more because I used to weigh 8st not 11-something, than due to any muscles

My garage floor paint arrived today so I have to do that this weekend... press-ups on bare concrete isn't that pleasant!
                Are you putting on a sealant first? I've gone for the heavy stable mats on top as well as it's warmer as well in winter.

Comment

It claims you don't need to so probably not, just give it a good scrub and brush first. Some people reckon use a watered down coat first but I'll read the instructions and see.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I follow simplefit (google it) which is a simple cross fit type thing 3 days a week and I run the other days. For simple fit there are only 3 exercises and all you need is a pull up bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                      I follow simplefit (google it) which is a simple cross fit type thing 3 days a week and I run the other days. For simple fit there are only 3 exercises and all you need is a pull up bar.
                      Thanks, will check that out.

I don't get much time at home to exercise (although I am going to do the T25 thing once the kids are back in school and things are ordered again!) so I train at work in my lunchbreak.
                      I have various things I use like large bottles of water, a sandbag, dumbbells, an ab wheel a sledge etc.

Normally I do half an hour or so of sword/axe/spear practice on one of the trees next to the car park and then I pick two exercises, one big one and one small one and 3 sets of them. Apart from Wednesday when I do 100 burpees.
                      Not getting enough fitness work in there at the moment but the evening T25 stuff will sort that out.

Comment

Working...
                      X