• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should *cough* be an independent country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Flashman;1877589]
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    As you're not living in this country you're probably a bit out of touch. The news is....outside Scotland no one really cares.
    Think you might be dead wrong there. Lots of people outside Scotland are watching. With baited breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Salmond may not be a rocket scientist, but he sure looks like one when you sit him next to the Scottish labour or Tory leaders.
      Well, he promised to get referendum and he pretty much made it happen - that's more than can be said about some other politicians who were promising referendums.

Perhaps UK should be a bit more like Switzerland - regular referendums on topics scumbag politicians too afraid to decide on their own. Oh, and automatic weapons for everybody who qualifies!

Comment

I imagine it's a bit like giving up permieland to go contracting.

There's a whole new exciting world where you're your own boss and not beholden to anyone else telling you what you should do and how you should do it. With that comes the prospect of fecking it up, ending up skint, and a whole load of risks you haven't even thought about.

So what would you do?

Comment

I presume that each time they got a smack in the mouth rather than an answer, they put that down as "refused"?
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            So yea cannae vote. Unlucky. All those muslims who hate the UK will vote for independence. Glasgow will be the head of the new Sharia government.
            Identify is an issue for you, which is not the purpose of this referendum. It should not come as surprise when immigration is out of control in the south. As far as I know that pattern has not come north.

There are many immigrants in Glasgow but for the most part they integrate and are some of the friendliest people I know, having lived in Pollokshields for a fair while. For those that don't they know "we'll set about ye" whereas in shandy drinking country they run a mile when they see a over grown beard. What happen to your testosterone levels? Hard to believe this country once ruled the world and now... Weakness is not sexy, hence there's a referendum.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=scooterscot;1877593]
              Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Think you might be dead wrong there. Lots of people outside Scotland are watching. With baited breath.
              That would be people who consider themselves Scottish but fail the residency criteria, so don't get to vote.

(Non-resident Scots who wish to go to Scottish universities don't get free tuition fees - although other EU citizens do).
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Identify is an issue for you, which is not the purpose of this referendum. It should not come as surprise when immigration is out of control in the south. As far as I know that pattern has not come north.

There are many immigrants in Glasgow but for the most part they integrate and are some of the friendliest people I know, having lived in Pollokshields for a fair while. For those that don't they know "we'll set about ye" whereas in shandy drinking country they run a mile when they see a over grown beard. What happen to your testosterone levels? Hard to believe this country once ruled the world and now... Weakness is not sexy, hence there's a referendum.
                I can tell you now that is bollocks, after the Kriss McDonald murder many people see parts of Pollokshields as a no go area for whites, Govanhill is called ground zero and is a fookin' disaster zone.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  So yea cannae vote. Unlucky. All those muslims who hate the UK will vote for independence. Glasgow will be the head of the new Sharia government.
                  actually that is an interesting idea, could Scotland be invaded by militant groups to form a breakaway country?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X