• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2b training - tips and discussion thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Well done chaps!
    We missed you and MF. Nice gentle pace(except Vetran downhill). 7 hours for 54 miles. With ~30000 riders very hard to go any faster.

Nice walk up to Ditchling beacon - took about 20 minutes. Though MS cycled almost all the way to the top!

Comment

Got held up for 20 minutes by a crash, before we detoured - woman airlifted to hospital.

Googled it, seems there was another serious incident too, although sounds like someone not looking where they're going.

London to Brighton bike ride crash: Cyclist fighting for life after hitting telegraph pole - Mirror Online

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Got held up for 20 minutes by a crash, before we detoured - woman airlifted to hospital.

Googled it, seems there was another serious incident too, although sounds like someone not looking where they're going.

London to Brighton bike ride crash: Cyclist fighting for life after hitting telegraph pole - Mirror Online
        At the bottom of most hills there were hay bales. I hope they are okay.

BTW in the photo, if you look closely, you can see MUdSkipper pulling a hat stand out of her pannier Mary Poppins style.

Comment

Sounds like a larf. Glad there was some entertaining crashes, but hope those involved recover.

There's always next year I guess. As soon as I'm back on terms I will get back on the bike, and with the turbo trainer to cover winter I could well be up for it. Just need to get things straightened out health wise.

Well done again to you all, hats off. Xx.

Suity.

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

And big thanks to all for the generous sponsorship. It helped keep the pedals turning up the beacon!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Vetran 1st
              Mudskipper 2nd
              BrilloPad 3rd

Fantastic day out! Really great fun - absolutely loved it.
              What Brillo forgets to mention is that he carried me up the Beacon, I came over all suity and was found huffing like I was 9 months pregnant while Brillo held my bike. He then fed me sugar until I got to the top. Uphill I was last every time.

As Brillo never intended to get out of first gear MS would of been first but I think the Doughnut on the top of the beacon nobbled her!.

we left at 7:30 and got there at 2:10.

C arrived 45 minutes later , having started an 90 minutes earlier, did I take the mick or what?

She was however shepherding a lot of first timers (her auntie & mates) so I let her off - eventually.

I luckily had beer forced on me at the finish line, you obviously missed it. C's Uncle brought a few beers and champers so we had a bit of a celebration. But I think a survivors bash sounds like a good idea.

I raised £152 so I'm really chuffed, thanks for your support.

We are thinking about next year and a few follow up runs this year with less other people to fall over.

so if any of you have the grit to do it then shout!

missed a few people there I would have liked to meet, so sign up for the next one!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                We are thinking about next year and a few follow up runs this year with less other people to fall over.

so if any of you have the grit to do it then shout!

missed a few people there I would have liked to meet, so sign up for the next one!
                Great day out - anyone thinking about doing an event should step up for the next one. No-one will be left behind - everyone will finish.

You will have a good laugh plus a sense of achievement.

Having posted this in general I feel now. I am off to post some nonsense in the s58 thread

Comment

Well done guys. We saw the helicopter coming and going yesterday, i wondered how many were collapsed l2b ers. Glad to hear you all had a good day. Very satisfying to complete something you've worked hard at.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This time next year Rodders.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Well done guys. We saw the helicopter coming and going yesterday, i wondered how many were collapsed l2b ers.
                      Wonder how much BHF cost hospitals in treating suspected heart attacks
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X