• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Philip Seymour Hoffman or summert...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Apparently he'd been off the stuff for 20 odd years.
    The most common way for addicts to die is an overdose after they've been off it for a period (it's quite common after coming out of prison). Regular users don't often die from it, and afaik it doesn't cause cancer and other diseases in the same way as alcohol/fags.

I think you have a good point in that much of the problem is societies attitude to addiction. Plenty of addicts do function normally - the issues that hit the news are the crimes committed to get the money to buy the drugs - if they were freely available, that problem would more or less go away, but there would (probably) be a hell of a lot more addicts.

I don't think it should be legalised, but maybe it should be made available (in the form that they crave) to those who are addicted so that it doesn't wreck their and others lives.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        The most common way for addicts to die is an overdose after they've been off it for a period (it's quite common after coming out of prison). Regular users don't often die from it, and afaik it doesn't cause cancer and other diseases in the same way as alcohol/fags.

I think you have a good point in that much of the problem is societies attitude to addiction. Plenty of addicts do function normally - the issues that hit the news are the crimes committed to get the money to buy the drugs - if they were freely available, that problem would more or less go away, but there would (probably) be a hell of a lot more addicts.

I don't think it should be legalised, but maybe it should be made available (in the form that they crave) to those who are addicted so that it doesn't wreck their and others lives.
        I would imagine regular users build up a tolerance, so when they come back to it they think they can handle the same dosage?!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Not too sure why you are trying to tie his death to depression?!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
          X