• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to crash and burn in an interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Its the English idiom.
    Imagine that your sister was a monkey or a chimp, and some other monkey got her knocked up and she had a baby, that would make you the uncle of said monkey.
    This is such an unlikely scenario that it is used as a comparative analogy, as in 'If this one chance in a zillion occurrence occurs, then I am a monkeys uncle'

Similarly a rabbits paw is the father of a rabbit. Rabbits being generally hard to find in an IT office 'rubbing the rabbits paw' is a non comparative analogy ofeten used by people to signify that a large amount of luck may be needed, but we are right behind you

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by BjornMorg View Post
      Try swearing during an interview...
      Or waving your knob around...
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Got the role today - signed and sealed offer. They were asking for war and peace but because of my contracting experience i.e. solving business issues secured the role after 2nd interview.

Many thanks indeed to Doodab and SpaceCadet for assisting re: answering the technical questions when in reality that knowledge isn't needed on a day to day basis but demonstrated an ideal overall profile for the job. Many thanks!

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          Got the role today - signed and sealed offer. They were asking for war and peace but because of my contracting experience i.e. solving business issues secured the role after 2nd interview.

Many thanks indeed to Doodab and SpaceCadet for assisting re: answering the technical questions when in reality that knowledge isn't needed on a day to day basis but demonstrated an ideal overall profile for the job. Many thanks!

We need a boomed thread.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            We need a boomed thread.

HTH
            all hail doodab and spacecadet!!

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              We need a boomed thread.

HTH
              indeed we do
              If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
                indeed we do
                thanks!

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                X