• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote NLUK for PCG CC!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    please provide a guide on how to place this vote.

You need to start thinking like a voter. Are you sure you're cut out for exercising your franchise?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I think she's more man than he is
      With his latest rejuvenation op he is truly once, twice, three times a lady.

Anyway, if the council meetings are held in the end cubicle of Wigan Westgate gents, he should be fine. Otherwise forget it.

Comment

I don't want to be party to any organisation that would let the likes of me and you all in!!!!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I don't want to be party to any organisation that would let the likes of me and you all in!!!!
          You only like the parties where you show your arse don't you?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So did you win? Or did the post go to NLadyUK?

Comment

Reminder - Only a few weeks away

Just got this from the office.

One of the key strengths of PCG as a representative organisation is that we are still run by our members, for our members.

As PCG grows and evolves, it is vital that all sectors of the membership are represented on the Consultative Council (CC). The CC meets regularly to help shape the future direction of PCG and is the base from which the Board of Directors are elected.

We'd therefore like to invite you to nominate yourself to ensure that all sectors are well represented, including:

Aerospace Automotive
              Chemical Construction
              Defence Education
              Electronic Energy and utilities
              Engineering Financial Services
              FMCG Healthcare
              IT Oil and gas
              Retail Telecomms
              Transport and infrastructure

Election to the CC is open to any member of PCG who feels that they have something to contribute and it is an essential part of PCG’s governance structure.

The election process begins on Thursday 3rd April, at which point you will have the opportunity to put yourself forward for election to the Consultative Council via Home | PCG. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to know more please email [email protected] for more information.

PCG – the voice of freelancing

Comment

I did belong to the PCG some time ago - but what have they actually achieved for all their lobbying?

IR35 is still here
                S660 BN66 while not affecting me personally appear to be in force

So wtf do you get in return for a PCG subscription - besides a talking shop?

just askin like...
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Agency bankruptcy insurance and jury duty cover are the main ones that I subscribe for.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                    Agency bankruptcy insurance and jury duty cover are the main ones that I subscribe for.
                    Ditto plus IR35 insurance.

Other than that they are of no use to me.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      I did belong to the PCG some time ago - but what have they actually achieved for all their lobbying?

IR35 is still here
                      S660 BN66 while not affecting me personally appear to be in force

just askin like...
                      A hell of a lot, actually. Mind you, it's more about stopping the next IR35 happening than getting rid of stuff we're already saddled with, and it's always difficult to prove a negative, but they are on several key committees and are both asked for their opinion and listened to where it matters.

And they'd be a hell of a lot more effective if more people signed up. 21k isn't a bad number, but 100k would make them bigger than some unions.

However, S660 was a victory and they stopped the follow-on legislation that NL planned to ensure husbands and wives couldn't share company assets. BN66 is not a PCG issue, given that less than 3% of their members use any kind of scheme. The coverage for any tax investigation (not just IR35), Jury Service, Agency Default and assorted freebies make PCG Plus a no-brainer for £220 a year. And there's other stuff in the pipeline to make membership even more attractive.

Time some people moved on from 2001, methinks...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X