• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking down people in their late 80s or older does seem rather, well I'm not sure pointless is the word, but awkward in I would assume most cases. A spry, compos mentis person perhaps but a doddery old man who can't remember 60 years ago and/or is living in a home already...

Tricky one really.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I am not denying this but what a horrible situation. You are in the army so conditioned to follow orders whatever with the threat of being shot for not doing as you are told. Facing a choice between being shot or hunted down and jailed for the rest of your life can't be a nice place to be. Doesn't exonerate or excuse anything don't get me wrong, just commenting on the choices available.
      Agreed, I am so grateful that I have never been in this situation. I believe (although I think EO knows a fair amount more than me about WW2) that the rules in Germany, at least towards the end of the war, changed such that a soldier and his family would be shot if he deserted or refused to follow orders. Absolutely horrific situation to be in

In contrast my brother (in the British army) had soldiers refusing to follow his orders once in Iraq when their base was hit. Oddly he said he was not actually angry, he just felt sorry for them because they were terrified and he was more concerned in stopping the rest of the boys knowing what had happened (due to retaliation) than actually punishing them.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Agreed, I am so grateful that I have never been in this situation. I believe (although I think EO knows a fair amount more than me about WW2) that the rules in Germany, at least towards the end of the war, changed such that a soldier and his family would be shot if he deserted or refused to follow orders. Absolutely horrific situation to be in
        I'm assuming such conditions are seen as mitigating circumstances. The behaviour under duress should however be humane within the orders. Guards beating / abusing / killing inmates for fun is what should be punished.

and no until the last one is dead we shouldn't stop bringing them to justice. As for those in other conflicts we shouldn't make them MPs.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X