• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin1908 View Post
    A few points in reply. Why would the client take me to court for screwing up.
    Because if you screw up royally and they incur significant costs as a result of your error, someone needs to pay for it to be rectified.
    I don't have a problem if the agent explicitly requiring this then I can add £100 to the day rate to cover the requirement.
    If you can't find insurance cheaper than £6k a year, then you aren't looking hard enough. 3 month contract and you want to add £100 a day for insurance which at worst will add £500 - good luck with that.

Given that I was doing both the agent and the client a favour starting in advance of seeing the contract as a favour to them may be I should have said screw you, I want to see a contract, scrutinise it, renegotiate it, then start 2 or 3 weeks after the required start date and see the project go down the pan.
    You would be wise to see a contract before blindly accepting it.
    Lesson learnt. The next time an agent phones up and says the client is in the do do can you start tomorrow I will say screw you.
    Or you could ask for a contract, review it yourself, send it to Qdos and ask for a quick review, and when you are happy with it, start. Negotiate the contract, like any good business would.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
      Because if you screw up royally and they incur significant costs as a result of your error, someone needs to pay for it to be rectified.

If you can't find insurance cheaper than £6k a year, then you aren't looking hard enough. 3 month contract and you want to add £100 a day for insurance which at worst will add £500 - good luck with that.

You would be wise to see a contract before blindly accepting it.

Or you could ask for a contract, review it yourself, send it to Qdos and ask for a quick review, and when you are happy with it, start. Negotiate the contract, like any good business would.
      Why go through all that hassle when you can just throw your toys out of the pram and say "Why are you asking me to behave as a professional business? Screw you!"

Comment

Working...
      X