• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

300 objects scattered over a wide area of ocean

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    HyperDs alien theory is still at least a proboscis in front.
    FTFY
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Three things:

1. 300 objects scattered over a wide area of ocean says to me "explosion" rather than "plane hits ocean at speed and promptly sinks rapidly" - does it not? I am not a pilot, but I have an A-level in Further Maths with Mechanics. Discuss. ...
      Depends on the objects I suppose, but assuming the plane ditched in the ocean at some stage, 300 sounds a pretty modest number of small to medium sized objects, even in the unlikely event everyone was able to slide down the emergency shutes and safely into life rafts, and more so if the plane disintegrated to a greater or lesser extent on impact with the water.

Also, there are powerful ocean currents and winds round there that would disperse floating objects before long.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        300 objects might seem a tad too many
        300 objects with me and my friend Kenny...

John Shuttleworth
        500 bus stops?

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
          500 bus stops?
          Oh yes!

Comment

So they spotted "orange objects" in the new search area. Unthinkable that it could be liferafts I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              So they spotted "orange objects" in the new search area. Unthinkable that it could be liferafts I guess.
              Oranges. You heard it here first.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X