• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bachelors should remove all facial furniture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shall set up a poll
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Keep the beard.

Due to Darwinian selection and the 'peacock' effect, make SERIOUS money, flaunt it and women of all types and ages will literally throw themselves at you, irrespective of your looks, age, background, history or beardage.

From the book/TV series 'Human Instinct' by Dr. Robert Winston (who has 'always' had a beard) ..

"Women on the whole, prefer high-status ambitious males. How do these men show women their status ? They display symbols
      of their financial and social superiority. I am reminded of my trip to Los Angeles to make the programme on sex in the
      Human Instinct series. The BBC had arranged for four fashionable women to sit at an outdoor cafe on a smart Beverley Hills
      boulevard. They were given cards to score the next male to drive up and sit at the next table on the sidewalk. Unknown to them,
      my producer had persuaded the cafe owner to keep the table for me. I drove up in an old banger, a Ford obtained from one
      of the local film studios. I wore a jumper and torn trousers, with dirty sneakers. When the ladies held up cards like
      ice-rink judges, my four scores were 0, 0, 1, 0, average 0.25.

The next day I had a manicure at a beauty salon and a shampoo and haircut done by Laurent, who does
      Gwyneth Paltrow's and Meg Ryan's hair. I wore a twenty-five-thousand-dollar set of cufflinks borrowed from Harry Winston's,
      a thirty-thousand dollar diamond studded watch from Cartier, and a Versace suit and tie from Rodeo Drive.
      And I was driving a brand-new open top Bentley worth a quarter of a million dollars. As I walked past the same
      table and sat down, the cards went up: 10, 9, 10, 10, average 9.75"

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

From the book/TV series 'Human Instinct' by Dr. Robert Winston (who has 'always' had a beard) ..
        He's a professor, and he doesn't have a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Good point, just a huge tash

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            As I recall, Prof Winston has a ridiculous upside down beard on his upper lip

Why anyone would want to look like Lord Kitchener on that "Your Country Needs You" poster beats me, unless they're gay and want to attract fellow clones.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
              Keep the beard.

Due to Darwinian selection and the 'peacock' effect, make SERIOUS money, flaunt it and women of all types and ages will literally throw themselves at you, irrespective of your looks, age, background, history or beardage.

"Women on the whole, prefer high-status ambitious males. How do these men show women their status ? They display symbols
              of their financial and social superiority. I am reminded of my trip to Los Angeles to make the programme on sex in the
              Human Instinct series. The BBC had arranged for four fashionable women to sit at an outdoor cafe on a smart Beverley Hills
              boulevard. They were given cards to score the next male to drive up and sit at the next table on the sidewalk. Unknown to them,
              my producer had persuaded the cafe owner to keep the table for me. I drove up in an old banger, a Ford obtained from one
              of the local film studios. I wore a jumper and torn trousers, with dirty sneakers. When the ladies held up cards like
              ice-rink judges, my four scores were 0, 0, 1, 0, average 0.25.

The next day I had a manicure at a beauty salon and a shampoo and haircut done by Laurent, who does
              Gwyneth Paltrow's and Meg Ryan's hair. I wore a twenty-five-thousand-dollar set of cufflinks borrowed from Harry Winston's,
              a thirty-thousand dollar diamond studded watch from Cartier, and a Versace suit and tie from Rodeo Drive.
              And I was driving a brand-new open top Bentley worth a quarter of a million dollars. As I walked past the same
              table and sat down, the cards went up: 10, 9, 10, 10, average 9.75"
              Yeah but Winston is pig fugly.
              So the correct conclusion is pig fugly men need some accoutrements to be attractive to women.
              I am classically good-looking and charming so would get a 10 even in the first scenario.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anyone seen those guys sporting a Dali? I thought it was a one off when I first saw it but I've seen a few now.

Don't know what that deal is...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  So the correct conclusion is pig fugly men need some accoutrements to be attractive to women.
                  I am classically good-looking and charming so would get a 10 even in the first scenario.
                  Prof Winston is in his 70s.

With the ration of men to women in the over 70s he won't have a problem getting a woman if he was single considering the fact he is on telly and isn't poor.

(Proving SunnyInHades point)
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Prof Winston is in his 70s.

With the ration of men to women in the over 70s he won't have a problem getting a woman if he was single considering the fact he is on telly and isn't poor.

(Proving SunnyInHades point)
                    He also has an enormous brain and some charisma, which is more than can be said for most CUK'ers.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Right up until you started talking to them...
                      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X