• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing for the Easter weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Not buying the egg then?
    I've been told I need to finalise the holiday bookings and tidy the garden before playing with new toys.

So hopefully Sat afternoon.

Comment

thanks for the interest.

been off a few days and Mrs V has been on a girly trip with a mate.

So its been pretty chilled. Apart from breaking my chain (fixed yesterday) its been good.

Today - clear the pigsty I call a home office. Too many toys not enough drawers.
      Tomorrow - Gardening Mrs V has expressed an interest so she is getting gloves.
      Saturday - as I'm told!
      Sunday - In laws over for Roast.
      Monday - nothing hopefully!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Ooooh, just had a look at that - an alternative to the Hawkmoor - looks lovely!

Have you or anyone been to both and can compare?
        I've been to the Hawksmoor but this is my first visit to Goodman - I've been told it's at least as good, which given the standards set by the Hawksmoor is encouraging!

I'll let you know what the comparison is like after the weekend..
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Hopefully if the weather is good, not seen the forecast, then I will be out somewhere on the bike.

Oops I actually tried to claim for tomorrow on my timesheet this morning because I thought Easter was next weekend. Spotted by my approver.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Hopefully if the weather is good, not seen the forecast, then I will be out somewhere on the bike.

Oops I actually tried to claim for tomorrow on my timesheet this morning because I thought Easter was next weekend. Spotted by my approver.
            Hehe, filthy contractors trying to scam extra cash!

Done that myself a couple of times. On one memorable occasion I managed to enter 11 into the box where I should have put 1.

Agency have finally updated their self billing portal to recognise bank holidays and sanity check entries so it can't happen anymore.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hopefully playing / setup the new toy vu+ duo.. to replace my current sky setup

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I've been told I need to finalise the holiday bookings and tidy the garden before playing with new toys.

So hopefully Sat afternoon.
                Keep me posted, I got the dates for the egg members day out in cloggers and given that most of the michelin star chefs who use them normally turn out at these events there should be some good food there.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                  I've been to the Hawksmoor but this is my first visit to Goodman - I've been told it's at least as good, which given the standards set by the Hawksmoor is encouraging!

I'll let you know what the comparison is like after the weekend..
                  Oh I was at the one in the City last week. The service was not good!
                  The one in Canary Wharf was MUCH better.

However the Scottish fillet was amazing
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X