• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DM does a good deed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    So basically a DM reporter spun a web of lies to the CAB in order to get a handout and the fact someone helped him in his supposed hour of need is considered a bad thing? These people really are low aren't they.
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    The heart-warming side of the story is the pile of food that has been removed from would be scroungers, thereby saving them from the scourge of dependency.
    WTS. Jesus H.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They handed the reporter loads of food without checking whether or not he was on JSA. Simple questioning would have started with "can I see your JSA sign-on book please?".
      "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
        They handed the reporter loads of food without checking whether or not he was on JSA. Simple questioning would have started with "can I see your JSA sign-on book please?".
        But lack of food has nothing to do with getting JSA... In fact its the inability for the DSS to process JSA quickly which is why food banks are needed.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What about the working poor? I suspect plenty of people in low wage jobs are struggling to make ends meet as well.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            But lack of food has nothing to do with getting JSA... In fact its the inability for the DSS to process JSA quickly which is why food banks are needed.
            I was referring to the article screen-shot which a fellow CUK'r posted, in it is the following:

After asking for details of how much Jobseekers’ Allowance was received, the assessor’s questions turned to the dietary requirements of the reporter and his family.
            So, the questioning should have started with: "May I please see your JSA sign-on book?". Had that question been asked then the reporter would have got fack all in grub, unless they went down the route of faking JSA sign-on books?

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

What about the working poor? I suspect plenty of people in low wage jobs are struggling to make ends meet as well.
              Define the working poor? Who is a poor worker? But before you start, please tell me your own background and what qualifies you to identify someone as the 'working poor'.

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Define the working poor? Who is a poor worker? But before you start, please tell me your own background and what qualifies you to identify someone as the 'working poor'.
                I would have thought given I referred to "people in low wage jobs are struggling to make ends meet" you could have put two and two together there. The point is that there are clearly people who are a) poor and b) not claiming JSA.

Really demanding I define this and that and questioning my background is pointless diversion, and I really can't be arsed to get drawn into it given that you come across as an intellectually lazy deliberately contrarian troll.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I would have thought given I referred to "people in low wage jobs are struggling to make ends meet" you could have put two and two together there. The point is that there are clearly people who are a) poor and b) not claiming JSA.

Really demanding I define this and that and questioning my background is pointless diversion, and I really can't be arsed to get drawn into it given that you come across as an intellectually lazy deliberately contrarian troll.
                  Have you ever struggled to make ends meet? Please define 'poor'...you've gone from 'working poor' to 'poor'. Define either one please.

You know nothing about me.
                  Last edited by Brian Potter; 20 April 2014, 23:11.

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Have you ever struggled to make ends meet? Please define 'poor'...you've gone from 'working poor' to 'poor'. Define either one please.
                    Don't be so lazy. If you need to know what "poor" means look in a dictionary. Even an idiot should be able to deduce that "working poor" means someone who is both working and poor. Really, if you can't be bothered to think even slightly before posting moronic responses then I'm not going to bother.

I have struggled, particularly when growing up when we were well into the bottom 5-10% of the population economically speaking. Not that my background is any of your business or has any bearing on whether or not there are people who are struggling to make ends meet now.

You know nothing about me.
                    This is relevant how exactly? I don't really want to know anything about you. The impression you create is that of a lazy troll and that's enough to put me off.

Comment

I have struggled
                      The above communicates a lot about you. You struggle no matter what, you struggle for the sake of struggling. I wrote that you knew nothing about me yet your own anger boils over into:

Don't be so lazy. If you need to know what "poor" means look in a dictionary. Even an idiot should be able to deduce that "working poor" means someone who is both working and poor. Really, if you can't be bothered to think even slightly before posting moronic responses then I'm not going to bother.
                      What's 'moronic' about your comment above is the simple fact that your anger boils down to myself highlighting how the foodbank person did not ask the DM reporter for proof of JSA income. The thread is about the supposed bad behaviour of the DM towards foodbanks. I asked a simple question and you swooped in with negativity and complete irrelevance. You're obviously angry about not being poor, just like our property rich leftie political class eh?

And then you write the following:

This is relevant how exactly? I don't really want to know anything about you. The impression you create is that of a lazy troll and that's enough to put me off.
                      I didn't ask you a question. I told you that you do not know anything about me, and you still don't. However, I know a lot about you and that's you're a very sad individual.

Good luck with your life.

P.S. and after insulting me, you then have the wierdness to 'like' my posts? As Peter Jones would say: "I'm out"...sorry guys.
                      Last edited by Brian Potter; 20 April 2014, 23:39.

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Working...
                      X