• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel Parking "Fine" Peel Centre Stockport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peel parking fine

I didn't buy a ticket does that mean I have to pay the fine I have ignored two letters already. What do I do

Comment

Originally posted by Floormann1234 View Post
      I didn't buy a ticket does that mean I have to pay the fine I have ignored two letters already. What do I do
      There are two opinions on how to deal with this.

One is to ignore the letters and hope it goes away but that's never a good strategy. The other is to send them a letter stating you do not accept any liability and enclose a check for say £10 for their trouble. Then its up to them if they want to pursue it further.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Floormann1234 View Post
        What if you don't buy a ticket and they send you letters out wanting money what then. Do I pay up
        The terms of using the car park (if displayed properly) will state that you need to buy a ticket to park their, by parking there you are deemed to have accepted these terms and any fines they impose for breaking them.

The question of if this is enforceable is another matter
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          There are two opinions on how to deal with this.

One is to ignore the letters and hope it goes away but that's never a good strategy. The other is to send them a letter stating you do not accept any liability and enclose a check for say £10 for their trouble. Then its up to them if they want to pursue it further.
          Don't forget to add "in full and final settlement".
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
          X